PLD 2P Read 1b is an innovative two player early literacy game designed by Diana Rigg a renowned Australian Speech Pathologist and Educator. One of the few genuine phonics based activities perfect for Year 1 and early childhood classrooms.
The app is designed to provide early readers with multiple opportunities to:
• Rehearse their decoding and single word word reading skills.
• Extend their decoding and single word reading skills by gradually increasing the complexity of the words presented.
Particular consideration has been given to:
• Alphabet and phonic sounds (rather than letter names).
• The combining or blending of sounds (i.e. phonemic awareness) which is an essential foundation skills when extending reading ability.
• An ordered sequence of phonic concepts.
Ratings and Reviews
Fast and Fun
My students love this game and the limited number of possible answers encourages thoughtfulness rather than impulsivity. Playing with a partner promotes determination to respond correctly too! Mary Height
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.