PLD 2P Read 1b is an innovative two player early literacy game designed by Diana Rigg a renowned Australian Speech Pathologist and Educator. One of the few genuine phonics based activities perfect for Year 1 and early childhood classrooms.
The app is designed to provide early readers with multiple opportunities to:
• Rehearse their decoding and single word word reading skills.
• Extend their decoding and single word reading skills by gradually increasing the complexity of the words presented.
Particular consideration has been given to:
• Alphabet and phonic sounds (rather than letter names).
• The combining or blending of sounds (i.e. phonemic awareness) which is an essential foundation skills when extending reading ability.
• An ordered sequence of phonic concepts.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fast and Fun
My students love this game and the limited number of possible answers encourages thoughtfulness rather than impulsivity. Playing with a partner promotes determination to respond correctly too! Mary Height
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.