Endorsed by Parents and Educators, Pocket Sight Words is a literacy learning app perfect for kids in Kindergarten and Year 1. This app provides a simple and effective way for kids Ages 4+ to learn high frequency words for reading and writing through play-based learning.
"A very well designed app that has a lot of extremely positive features to it." - educationalappstore.com
"A high quality app that provides practice with 220 basic sight words appropriate for young children or struggling readers." - bestappsforkids.com
"The bright colours, music, animations and clear voice-over engage students to want to learn." - Reading Recovery Teacher
"We have seen a major shift in the students attitude towards sight words since using Pocket Sight Words in the classroom" - Kindergarten Teacher
• 220 words with audio assistance using correct pronunciation
• Short sentences (written by Kindergarten teachers) provide added contextual learning
• Playful illustrations and reward system
• The 'Find the Word' (mini-game) is a lot of fun and designed to enhance learning experience through listening
• Sight words grouped into lists to support gradual learning
• With over 500 (built in) unique sounds, words and phrases, kids can learn with or without a parent/guardian supervision.
• Our Pocket Sight Words program can also compliment Literacy programs used by schools - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how!
• Clean and simple design
• No Pop-ups or advertisements
- Increase application performance.
- Minor bugs fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Great learning tool for the classroom
Pocket Sight Words is one of the few learning apps which we have downloaded for our Kinder and Year 1 iPads. Our students use the app daily to help them learn their words for their reading and writing. We have seen impressive results with the majority of students able to pick up and learn words more quickly because of the app. We're definately very happy to be using it in the classroom.
Well made, it's perfect for our 5 year old son Daniel (who is in Kindy). He loves reading every list and the reward system is a big bonus for him. It's a great app and definitely we would recommend this to other parents.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much your son Daniel loves to learn with Pocket Sight Words!
Awesome app for kids!
This is an amazing app!
It's fun, educational and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to give their child the best start possible to learning. My 5 year old son loves it !!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much your 5yr old son loves to learn with Pocket Sight Words! We really appreciate it.
- Cortes Global Pty Ltd.
- 312 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Cortes Global Pty Ltd © 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Levels $3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.