Take control of your money with Australia’s most loved personal finance app trusted by more than 800,000 users.
Pocketbook helps you to save smart and spend even smarter by giving you the tools to budget properly for bills and expense tracking.
Use Pocketbook to:
• Securely track all of your money, super and investment accounts in one place; one app to rule them all.
• Easily create a budget; achieve your goals and be more disciplined about your finances.
• Discover tips and tricks that will save you a ton of money.
• Keep track of recurring bills and payments; never pay a pesky late fee again.
Life’s good when you’re on top of your money.
Download Pocketbook 2.0 and take it for a spin, it’s free.
Want to know more?
We’ve been featured in The Australian, The Huffington Post, Yahoo! Finance, Business Insider, ZDNet and Computerworld.
We’ve been celebrated by big fans.
Kochie, Sunrise - “This is getting to be one of my favourites! … it automatically downloads all the information and classifies it.”
CNET - “Pocketbook is the best app of its kind we’ve ever seen.”
Fee Tufevski, Pocketbook user - “I love being able to track and plan our expenditure and see how we’re tracking against our budget with very little input effort.”
We’ve been recognised with innovative awards.
• Winner – 2019 Fintech Business Awards Personal Finance Innovator of the Year
• Winner – 2018 Finnies Awards Excellence in Wealth Management
• Winner – 2018 Mozo Experts Choice Awards Best Money Management App
• Winner – 2017 Optus MyBusiness Awards Innovator of the Year
• Winner – 2017 FintechBusiness Best Personal Finance Innovator
• Winner – 2016 Finder Best Personal Financial Management App
We’ve put your needs and wants first.
• Forget spreadsheets, data entry and manual money management. Pocketbook automatically categorises all of your transactions including expenses, bills and invoices.
• One app, one login, one code to remember. All your accounts are housed in one space, meaning you don’t need to remember a million passwords.
• Discover freedom in budgeting with flexible budget planning and tracking.
• Make late fees a thing of the past with personalised Bill Reminders.
• Live from your device, an activity feed with tailored money management solutions.
• A personalised weekly money summary to keep you on top of your saving and spending.
• Your accountant is in your pocket with financial management advice and solutions.
• Ever wonder where your money goes? We have the answer! Pocketbook uses different categories to filter all your transactions.
This version includes:
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
New version is getting there
After a few painful months, it seems like most of the bugs in the new Pocketbook have been resolved. I still have some issues with categorisations not sticking, but it’s a relief to be able to sync purchases at any time of day again.
I’m getting used to it now, but I do still believe it was easier to categorise purchases in the old version, as well as doing month to month comparisons.
Initial review of the update below:
There’s so much gone in the new version. It’s so much more difficult to add a note or recategorise. I have incoming money listed amongst my spending and I have no way to get rid of it. The design is just awful, text is too light, no at a glance monthly comparisons, graphs are tiny and so hard to read. The best part of old Pocketbook was to see quickly where my spending is at - looking at my budget page it’s now unclear at a glance what’s over and under. I can’t easily compare between months anymore. I’m spending ages trying to decipher what’s going on. When I recategorise a transaction, I have to hard close the app for it to refresh, that also never used to happen
Developer Response ,
Hey Wonderwarts, thank you for your updated feedback, it great to hear we are making moves in the right direction!
If you would like to give direct feedback and explain more on what you'd like to see from Pocketbook categorisation, please join our Pocketbook Daredevils Facebook page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Still striving for a 5-star review from you!
Accurate sync with my banks
I have tried other expense trackers, rather rudimentary with the laborious manual inputting of thousands of transactions! Then when one crashed I was bereft however it led me to this! With top notch encryption it communicates with your bank, displays your transactions for up to 12 months and accurately categorises 90% of your spending, very smart! Anything uncategorised or that you’d like to change is very easy to amend.
Best of all there is a budget, weekly, fortnightly or monthly and you get a snapshot of whatever you want to concentrate on with a car showing how much you have to spend. The front screen gives you an instant ‘cash’ and ‘credit’ balance (it will show your overdraft as cash so I just cancelled my overdraft, another positive move for my new budget strategy)
For me it’s the fact I don’t have to spend hours and hours updating it, just a bit of changing categories here and there, it’s just ‘there’ and displays beautifully across all my IOS devices. You can’t delete entries but you can dissolve them in a money transfer category which is useful when someone gives you money to pay a bill etc etc
Developer Response ,
Hi damos bear, Thank you for your feedback, we love to hear it. Feel free to join our Pocketbook Daredevils facebook page to get a sneak peak at new features (and designs) and provide us with direct feedback. We have big plans for Pocketbook!
Excellent app. Auto-categorisation smarts?
Love the app.
Took me a while to properly apply the “Transferring Money” special category, such that it masked the correct transactions of mine for internal fund movements. Perhaps a more thorough Help page for this feature, with several worked examples, would help the typical user. (Given that automatic transfers are increasingly applied by customers in their online banking, as the banks improve their app/web usability; getting this correctly reflected in Pocketbook can be highly confusing or a show-stopper for the layman.)
The only item preventing a 5-star review for me, is having a more robust auto-recognition of transaction descriptions ... Many transaction strings have a repeatable beginning section, but then the merchant’s description adds a unique receipt number or similar that makes Pocketbook’s current Bill-detection or auto-categorisation falter.
Are there plans to beef up the smarts here? (‘Partial’ merchant description, even selectable by the user. And perhaps an enter-able $ range to assist?) I believe this is a high-value feature.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pocketbook Australia Pty Ltd
- 49.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Pocketbook Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.