*** Saved users over $30 million from late bill notifications in FY2018 alone ***
*** Loved by over 350,000 Australian users ***
Pocketbook is the app to get if you want to be better with your money. Now re-designed with enhanced budgeting feature that lets you set Safely Spend limits by category, and more accurate transaction categorisation.
Pocketbook makes personal finance and budget planning really easy. It is the only personal finance app that gives you the option to synchronise with Australian Banks – so no more manual entry- and teaches you how to budget with 3 simple rules. Loved by over 700,000 Australians.
- Kochie, Sunrise - "This is getting to be one of my favourites! ... it automatically downloads all the information and classifies it."
- CNET - "Pocketbook is the best app of its kind we've ever seen."
- Winner – 2019 Fintech Business Awards Personal Finance Innovator of the Year
- Winner – 2018 Finnies Awards Excellence in Wealth Management
- Winner – 2018 Mozo Experts Choice Awards Best Money Management App
- Winner – 2017 Optus MyBusiness Awards Innovator of the Year
- Winner – 2017 FintechBusiness Best Personal Finance Innovator
- Winner – 2016 Finder Best Personal Financial Management App
- Featured in The Australian, The Huffington Post, Yahoo! Finance, Business Insider, ZDNet, Computerworld
The Pocketbook app makes personal finance ridiculously simple. Put an end to manually track your spending on spreadsheets. The perfect budgeting tracking tool!
You’ve tried other budgeting apps, now try Pocketbook, made by Australians for Australian iPhone users.
Within 60 secs of signing-up to the app, we automatically sync your accounts, get 80% of your transactions automatically categorised and upcoming bills detected. We'll send you helpful alerts for when bills are late, and bank fees are charged. Not to mention a weekly summary to keep your budget on track.
Reasons why Pocketbook app is the most amazing tool for budgeting, money management and expense tracking:
1. Discover your spending across all your bank accounts - See where your money is going, and manage your spending. Automatically sync all your bank transactions with the app into a single view in seconds. We'll do the heavy lifting for you. Bank feeds available for Commonwealth Bank, Westpac, ANZ, NAB, St George, Bankwest, Citibank and more!
2. Know exactly where and how you spent – Use mobile photos and geo-location to input cash transactions like coffee and beer, or add additional details like photo receipts, bills and invoices to your transactions.
3. No more missing bills and late-fees - All your bills automatically detected and in the one place. Get notified when they are coming up and if you have enough money to cover.
4. Organise your finance and budget for future – Auto-categorisation and tagging putting you back in control of your finances. Safely Spend helps you limit your weekly, fortnightly or monthly spend, so you can budget without even thinking, making us your full financial organizer for your everyday life.
Features in the app today:
- Activity feed which is updated with the latest insights on your money.
- Single view of your budgets, recent transactions, balances and upcoming bills.
- Drill down with spending charts by account or category.
- Sync your Australian bank accounts so no more manual entry.
- Upcoming bills reminders and tracking recurring payments.
- Manual data entry of cash transactions (with location and photo receipts).
- Auto-categorisation of 80% of your transactions into smart spending categories.
- Safely Spend to track and limit your discretionary spend by category beyond your bills.
- Alerts for late bill, large bank fee, and spending close to limit.
- Weekly summary alerts to inform you of upcoming bills.
- Upload QIF and OFX finance file formats.
Visit https://getpocketbook.com for more information.
Performance improvements and minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent app. Auto-categorisation smarts?
Love the app.
Took me a while to properly apply the “Transferring Money” special category, such that it masked the correct transactions of mine for internal fund movements. Perhaps a more thorough Help page for this feature, with several worked examples, would help the typical user. (Given that automatic transfers are increasingly applied by customers in their online banking, as the banks improve their app/web usability; getting this correctly reflected in Pocketbook can be highly confusing or a show-stopper for the layman.)
The only item preventing a 5-star review for me, is having a more robust auto-recognition of transaction descriptions ... Many transaction strings have a repeatable beginning section, but then the merchant’s description adds a unique receipt number or similar that makes Pocketbook’s current Bill-detection or auto-categorisation falter.
Are there plans to beef up the smarts here? (‘Partial’ merchant description, even selectable by the user. And perhaps an enter-able $ range to assist?) I believe this is a high-value feature.
Latest update is unbelievable
I have been using Pocketbook for a while and I didn't think it could get better but it did in the latest upgrade. You can see and understand how this can help you once you sign in, you can drill down to the last cent to find out how much you're spending where in your life. You can add notes to expenses so it can remind you later down the line where that money went to that was a spontaneous purchase. you can add Or correct bills. you get reminders for bills. income and expenses are different colours to stand out in an already visually appealing screen. you get percentages of how much your money is spent on certain categories so whether you like to check or balance finances weekly monthly quarterly or annually you can work out the percentage of where your money is going. this is a very intelligent financial app that can only benefit your life. I am in between jobs and because of this upgrade I can cut down on expenses that normally I would not have realised was so high and that has immediate affect eg I stopped having lunch at cafes several times and more than halved my visits. this has saved me hundreds. This would benefit people who are not financially minded as well because it will do everything for you. also caters to the person who wants to know where that last cent was spent. do you self a favour support this Australian company and this app. get it
Accurate sync with my banks
I have tried other expense trackers, rather rudimentary with the laborious manual inputting of thousands of transactions! Then when one crashed I was bereft however it led me to this! With top notch encryption it communicates with your bank, displays your transactions for up to 12 months and accurately categorises 90% of your spending, very smart! Anything uncategorised or that you’d like to change is very easy to amend.
Best of all there is a budget, weekly, fortnightly or monthly and you get a snapshot of whatever you want to concentrate on with a car showing how much you have to spend. The front screen gives you an instant ‘cash’ and ‘credit’ balance (it will show your overdraft as cash so I just cancelled my overdraft, another positive move for my new budget strategy)
For me it’s the fact I don’t have to spend hours and hours updating it, just a bit of changing categories here and there, it’s just ‘there’ and displays beautifully across all my IOS devices. You can’t delete entries but you can dissolve them in a money transfer category which is useful when someone gives you money to pay a bill etc etc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.