NEW! Now you can battle other Pokémon GO trainers online! Try the GO Battle League today.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. Pokémon GO is the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 1 billion times and named “Best Mobile Game” by the Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch.
UNCOVER THE WORLD OF POKÉMON: Explore and discover Pokémon wherever you are!
CATCH more Pokémon to complete your Pokédex!
JOURNEY alongside your Buddy Pokémon to help make your Pokémon stronger and earn rewards!
COMPETE in epic Gym battles and...
TEAM UP and UNITE with other Trainers to catch powerful Pokémon during Raid Battles!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await! Let’s GO!
With the player’s permission, Adventure Sync uses the Health app to enable the player to earn walking distance when the app is closed.
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of July 11, 2019.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5s / SE / 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 8 / 8 Plus / X devices with iOS Version 9 or later installed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 5c or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
Trainers, there’s always something new in Pokémon GO!
- The Season of Heritage continues with the Mountains of Power event!
- Join us for January Community Day on January 16, 2022, and have a ball with Spheal!
- Added various quality-of-life improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs more battle interaction
This is a great game, it gets me to go out to catch Pokémon and I love the idea of it. The only thing I don’t like is the fact that when you battle you only have to tap the screen. If you could give maybe 3 moves to each Pokémon and each did different damage and required a different amount of energy. Energy could be gained every time you attack. Anyway this would improve the game greatly and encourage people to battle more often. I also think you must improve how we can interact and make friends, i think there should be a message option so you can chat with friends, this would be great because it would increase interaction with friends. You should also add an option to friend people you battle or people who put Pokémon in gyms. This would allow me to trade and have fun with people who liver near you. Thanks
Love the game, not the bugs.
I absolutely love this game and really appreciate the developers putting in all the hard work to make the game more accommodating during self-isolation. Unfortunately there seems to be a couple of bugs that are quite annoying. The first is my friends list automatically scrolls back up after sending someone a gift. You have to keep manually scrolling down after closing each friend to get to the next one. The other bug I’m running into is when I open a mystery box alongside incense, rather than tell me I can’t run both at the same time it just opens another incense and stacks the time on top of what was already remaining from the initial incense. Finally, I’m not keen on the proposed lower rate of coins earned per minute at the gym. You end up having to take over 3 gyms to earn coins at the same rate currently. Not exactly conducive to self isolating if you have to go to additional gyms. I hope this just isn’t a potential money grab by the developers to have people buy more coins than rather earn them in these difficult times.
Introduce trading? But can’t trade items?
As much as I love this game and want to love it more I can’t seem to. This is the only app I would spend money on and yet with every update you fall short every time. Why can’t you trade or sell items that you have excess of? Why can you only trade Pokémon? If you are introducing Pokecentres, that’s good and all but what’s the point of me having 3 dragon scales after I’ve evolved my Seadra? There isn’t much. What’s the point of my girlfriend having 4 Kings Rock after she’s evolved Slowbro and Poliwhirl? Not a lot really. Waste of a reward system for 7 day streaks and just seems like the system isn’t as well thought out as it could be.
I get that it’s hard to make a game as good as this but you guys fall short every time. It’s just lucky that the Pokémon Community is as big and loving as it is.
And what sort of company doesn’t have an email where you can’t have some sort of free form text where you can actually explain a personal issue with the game. Your consumers have a right to voice there opinion to listen and it’s your job to listen. You say you are very supportive of the community but it feels like you guys don’t care about us and limit what we can tell you so you can hear what you want to hear.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Niantic, Inc.
- 364.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2021 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2021 Pokémon. © 1995-2021 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins $0.99
- 550 PokéCoins $7.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins $14.99
- 2,500 PokéCoins $30.99
- Event Bonus $0.99
- 5,200 PokéCoins $62.99
- 14,500 PokéCoins $159.99
- New Trainer Box $4.49
- Event Ticket $17.99
- Event Ticket $7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.