NEW! Now you can battle other Pokémon GO trainers online! Try the GO Battle League today.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. Pokémon GO is the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 1 billion times and named “Best Mobile Game” by the Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch.
UNCOVER THE WORLD OF POKÉMON: Explore and discover Pokémon wherever you are!
CATCH more Pokémon to complete your Pokédex!
JOURNEY alongside your Buddy Pokémon to help make your Pokémon stronger and earn rewards!
COMPETE in epic Gym battles and...
TEAM UP with other Trainers to catch powerful Pokémon during Raid Battles!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await! Let’s GO!
With the player’s permission, Adventure Sync uses the Health app to enable the player to earn walking distance when the app is closed.
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of July 11, 2019.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5s / SE / 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 8 / 8 Plus / X devices with iOS Version 9 or later installed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 5c or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
There’s always something new in Pokémon GO!
- Celebrate different regions of the Pokémon world in January as we count down to Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto!
- A new year means new challenges, and in that spirit we’re introducing a new feature—Collection Challenges! These challenges provide a handy guide to catching Pokémon featured during in-game events.
- You can now search your collection for Pokémon powered up with Candy XL.
- We’ve made improvements to Egg storage and Pokémon tagging.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I honestly loved the idea of having the buddy Pokémon walk beside us because it’s adorable and allows us to make more of a connection towards our buddy Pokémon, but they need food too often. You give them 3 berries and then they’re full, you earn a heart, whatever, whatever, and then you go on a walk and a short amount of time later they’re hungry again. You gain a total amount of 3 hearts per day for feeding your buddy Pokémon so them being full should last for a while, but no it doesn’t. Every time I go on the app, my buddy Pokémon needs to be fed again. It becomes a chore instead of something fun and cute. You should either have it where it lasts for around 3 hours or have it where it will be hungry after a certain walking distance let’s say 1km or 2kms or do both where it will be hungry again after 3 hours or after 1 or 2 kms whichever comes first.
Also my buddy (larvitar) gets left behind which is both adorable and annoying. He always does catch up though, but somethings I think that he’s hungry, but no he’s just completely off the screen chilling. [ side note: I love how Larvitar runs. ]
The last thing that annoys me about the buddy Pokémon is you can’t tell them apart from wild Pokémon. They should have a coloured (perhaps your team colour) ring around them or something so you have tell the difference.
In any case, I love the addition of buddy Pokémon. I wasn’t expecting it at all, it was a lovely surprise.
Great but Improvements need to be Made
Overall the game has really improved since it’s release in 2016. Introducing trading Pokémon has helped me a lot and being able to make friends really improves the experience and expresses the aim of Pokémon Go; to make friends in the community. Some improvements that would improve the game for me and many others would be the ability to trade and/or sell items. I have evolved all the Pokémon that require the Dragon Scale and Metal Coat and still have about 10 of each left and I don’t know what to do with them. I feel like deleting them is wasting them since when they first came out I tried hard to get them. Another benefit of trading items is that items like Dragon Scale, Kings Rock and Metal Coat are fairly harder to obtain than when they were first released, so allowing item trading would mean that trainers that have been playing for a long time (e.g. since 2016) would be able to help trainers that have just started and need these items. Another improvement that would improve the game would be the ability to message your friends within the game. Bringing in this feature would mean that Ultra and Best friends would be able to organise remote battles without having to get their contact details and message them over Skype or Messages.
Unnecessarily strict security
I became locked out of my account due to closing my old email account (I didn’t realise that was what I was logged in through, so my fault). I contacted support to help transfer my account to a new email, and I thought they were being helpful until I received 11 security questions to answer. Never have I had to answer 11 security questions, and for a game? Why on earth is there such tight security around a game? I answered them, however there were 4 I could not answer, which were very specific questions, such as “what was the last achievement you received in the game and what month did you achieve it?”. The whole reason I’m locked out is that’s it’s been so long, otherwise I’d just log back into my email, but it’s permanently gone now. How am I supposed to remember that? Yet I provided evidence that I am the owner of my Apple ID, a tax invoice of the last purchase I made through the game, the exact date I created my account and a bunch of other more valuable security questions. But because I cannot remember minuscule details from the last time I played the game, I am not able to retrieve my account. I’m not trying to log into my bank, I’m trying to log into a game! The security questions are ridiculous. Please change them and allow me access to my account.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Niantic, Inc.
- 343.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2018 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2018 Pokémon. © 1995-2018 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins $0.99
- 550 PokéCoins $7.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins $14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.