Polar Beat: Running & Fitness 4+
Workout tracking app
Turn your phone into a fitness tracker with Polar Beat, the ultimate free fitness, running, and workout app. Train with real-time voice guidance, use GPS to track your route and distance, and share your achievements with your friends.
PLAN, TRAIN, ANALYZE, SHARE. All in one place.
» Sign in to unlock 100+ sport profiles
» Maintain a comprehensive training log using the different sport profiles
» Map your route with GPS
» Get voice guidance while you train
» See your personal bests
» Set training targets and reach your goals
» Track distance, pace, and route
» Connect to Apple Health
» Share your training on Facebook and Twitter
» Connect with Apple Watch
Unlock the full Polar Beat experience with a Polar heart rate sensor.
[+] See your live heart rate with a Polar heart rate sensor and train at the right intensity for maximum results
[+] See how many calories you burned
[+] See what you achieved with each workout: improved endurance, increased strength, or burned fat
[+] Understand the impact of your workout at different intensity levels
[+] Polar Fitness Test – Measure your fitness level while you lie down and relax
[+] Polar Running Index – See how your running performance is developing
[+] Polar EnergyPointer – See the main effect of your workout in real time - whether you’re burning fat or improving fitness
[+] Polar Benefit Target – Set specific training targets - like boosting recovery or improving endurance, and get guidance to achieve it
DOWNLOAD Polar Beat now and turn your phone into a personal trainer.
FOLLOW Polar Fitness at https://www.instagram.com/polarglobalfitness
FOLLOW Polar at http://instagram.com/polarglobal
LIKE Polar at http://facebook.com/polarglobal
FOLLOW Polar at http://twitter.com/polarglobal
SUBSCRIBE at https://www.youtube.com/polar
READ all things Polar at https://www.polar.com/blog
Note: Continuous use of GPS can dramatically decrease your phone’s battery life.
In this update we have fixed some bugs and made other improvements. We have also added a possibility to opt out of using your data for our R&D purposes.
Ratings and Reviews
Happy to give five stars.
I train for Motocross and (more recently) Enduro.
Beat is simple and easy to use.
I can watch my heart rate zones while I do indoor rowing and weight training.
The app is really good for analysing your data to make improvements and see what you’ve done in your previous sessions.
Using the H10 chest strap, I can record data into the sensor while I’m putting in laps at a track, then sync/upload with my phone when I get back.
This has been invaluable for my fitness and I’ve made marked improvements.
Being able to actively and consciously train in specific zones removes the guess work you have through feel.
Essentially, you know exactly when you need to push harder or back off. Having that control is a game changer.
I 100% support this brand, I have received zero support through any sponsorship. But I will absolutely urge people to take advantage of the H10 HR monitor and use it in conjunction with this app.
I definitely suggest that serious athletes use both Beat and Flow apps, on top of being able to take more control of training. I actually have found it to be much more enjoyable and easier to hit my marks.
Thanks if you spent the time to read, happy training.
Three things needed
1. Pairing with H10 needs to be done via app and not iOS. But every time the app pairs with the H10 you still get a pop up from iOS wanting to pair. The is annoying as if you accept pairing with iOS it prevents the app using the sensor.
2. Sharing with others a link to your run doesn’t seem possible in the app. Just the photos and those aren’t as good as the in app dashboard either. So your better screenshot your phone screen which is inconvenient. Having the ability to share the same detailed info in messages or via a website link would be good.
3. Colour traces. This is a killer feature in my opinion of Runtastic. Having the map with a colour trace which you can choose the metric to colour by, like HR, Pace, Speed, elevation etc. This makes it really easy to see on the map where in your run you struggled or did well. This would be great to add.
Good app which could be great
Firstly no issues with the way the app works. It pairs and resychs easily with my OM1 and iPhone. Cardio workouts are really where Polar and this app are focused.
My suggestions for a 5 star app:
1. Between Beat and Flow there is too much overlap I find. Flow only has a couple more features such as the training calender. It’s frustrating to have to work between the two apps. Make one app which has both feature sets integrated.
2. Colour overlays over the map to allow users to understand pace and effort.
3. Take the perceived exertion into account for the training benefit feedback especially for weight based exercise profiles such as “strength training”, “outdoor other”, circuit training” and others. A heavy weight workout that has a low heart rate has my app telling me it was a “great recovery session” while I’m drenched in sweat!
Still enjoy the app and grateful it syncs to my HRM and Strava so easily. Keep the updates coming!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Polar Electro Oy
- 133.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Polar Electro Oy