Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period.
- Start, pause, or skip intervals
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Customize the timer settings to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Manage your tasks
- Specify different timer settings for different tasks
- Add notes and due dates to tasks
- Estimate the number of intervals required to complete a task and track the estimation error
- View and manage completed intervals
- Customize reports for fast and easy goal tracking
- Ability to paste a task list from other apps
- Global hotkeys to start or stop the timer from any app
- Optional chronometer ticking sound
- Customizable frequency of the chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust alarm and chronometer volumes
- Launch at startup (option)
- Also available for iPhone and iPad*
- Dark and Light mode support
- Optimized for Mac with M1
Upgrade to Pro version to:
- Sync data between iPhone, iPad and Mac *
- Use tags and filters to keep focussed
- Export data to a CSV file
- Auto backup your account data daily
- Integrate with Focus Matrix to manage tasks using urgent/important principle **
- Remove banners and ads
* Sync with iOS devices requires Be Focused Pro for iOS, sold separately.
** Integration with Focus Matrix requires the Pro version of Focus Matrix, sold separately.
Fixed the problem with saving data on the latest OS versions
Ratings and Reviews
great app wish to set multiple timer with various interval types
It is so useful one I control this app with shortcuts. The sounds options are great too.
The only thing I would like to see in the future is to set multiple timer with various interval types, as I wish to differenciate my tasks' intervals: 15 mins for chaos, 20 mins for writing and 40 mins for study and so on. Now I can only set one interval type. For example, I use the 20 mins interval time as a default timer, once I added another timer with 40 mins interval duration, the default 20 mins interval changed to 40 mins interval.
Execllend for focus
This application is great and really help you to time box your tasks, so that you are forced to keep to a schedule. Love it!
Some improvement ideas for the developers:
Pls make it easy to set custom times. You should be able to set a time from the main screen without having to create a new task to go along with this. I often find that I dont need a list of tasks, just the ability to easily set a time and press start :)
This is very bad.
There is a lot of big issuses:
1. It's very hard to navigate.
Because it's hard to navigate, it actually makes it practically useless to me. And some of these other problems might actually be already solved, but nobody can use it because it's hard to navigate.
2. (To a normal user,) you can only set 60 minute timers.
If I didn't have miraculously and accidentally figured out how to (almost) set it to another number, I could only set 60 minute timers. (And even afterwards, I can't do the things I'm trying to do.) I'm a person who can easily learn and figure out things that's not taught to me, and still I had trouble doing anything.
3. No alarms.
You just simply can not set alarms. Why, honestly, why?
This app is not good, and you shouldn't have to pay for all of these features. There is even more things missing from this bad app but if I was going to say everything, you would be reading this review for hours before you finish. What's really surprising is that I'm a really kind and fair person, the exact opposite of people who dislike videos, but this dragged me down so far that I'm literally writing a 1-star review. Please don't get this app.
Developer Response ,
Please get in touch with us at “email@example.com” so we can take a look at why this is happening. There are answers to all these questions. Thank you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Denys Ievenko
- 21.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Xwavesoft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.