From practical advice on everything DIY to the latest technological advancements in every field, Popular Mechanics always delivers the news and know-how that interests you most.
SUBSCRIBE NOW AND GET YOUR FIRST ISSUE FREE! Don't forget, you can also get free access to issues with a timed preview (on your iPhone, too!).
Plus, share app content with your favorite social networks. Using a simple two-finger tap, actual images of the content itself are “clipped” and can be sent directly to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Pinterest, or via email or saved to your photo roll.
Download our free app today! Select the issue you'd like to purchase, or sign up with a subscription and save!
Please note that you must have iOS 10.0 or higher installed on your device to use this app.
Popular Mechanics Magazine US Pricing:
• Subscription 1 Month - USD 1.99*
• Subscription 1 Year - USD 19.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
This release includes bug fixes and general stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
This is a very nice publication. For the most part the content is the same as the dead-tree version, however there are some graphics that are interactive. The interactive graphics, and the inclusion of video and audio make for a very nice reading experience. I have noticed that a few formatting issues remain, for example 10^90 is printed as 1090 instead of using a superscript or carat. These glitches are infrequent and don't detract from the overalls lush of the mag.
I occasionally came across Pop Mechanics whilst reading articles on Flipboard or at my local library. So, already armed with this prior knowledge, I bought a sub to PM. Two issues in I’m a happy reader. Reading what’s happening around the USA lifted my spirits, overcoming the pessimism that had assaulted my soul in the Trump era. This months article on Musk nicely mirrored my feelings. For all his faults we would be the poorer without him. I friend signs their messages with KMF after their name. Keep Moving forwards. Pop Mechanics helps me KMF.
Can’t log in as a subscriber
Keeps offering a 5 minute free thing, also can’t stay logged in and can’t change my password to something easier, should be super simple on an iPad Pro, don’t bother.
- Hearst Communications, Inc.
- 50.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Popular Mechanics is published by Hearst Magazines Division, Hearst Communications, Inc. © 2015. Popular Mechanics is a registered trademark of Hearst Communications, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Pop Mechanics-Magazine-November 2010 $9.99
- Pop Mechanics-Magazine-December 2010 $9.99
- Pop Mechanics-Magazine-January 2011 $9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.