Loved by creative professionals and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering hundreds of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, an advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine, Procreate gives you everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, on the train, at the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It's a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Create art in stunning 64-bit colour
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save - never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets keep your painting, sketching and drawing brushes organised
- Over 100 customizable settings for every brush
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Colour without compromise:
- Fill your line work with ColorDrop and SwatchDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette colour panels
- Import colour profiles for colour matching
- Assign Colour Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favourite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline smooths out your strokes for beautiful lettering and expert inking
- Use Scribble to name layers, change settings and create text
• Animation Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with automatic onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Brush in image adjustments and effects with your Apple Pencil while keeping the ability to fine-tune its effects - Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, Noise and Halftone add new dimensions to your work
- Gaussian, Motion, and Perspective Blur filters create depth and movement
- Powerful image adjustments including Colour Balance, Curves, HSB and Gradient Map
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate's celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a thirty-second version of your Time-lapse recording with your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files - Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Colour Palettes
- Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, palettes, and fonts between applications
- You can now change colour profiles after you have created your Canvas.
- You can now add Layer and Pencil Filters to QuickMenu.
- New and improved Recolour. Begin by ColorDropping and then tap Continue Filling with Recolour in the Notification bar and away you go!
- Full Keyboard Access won't cause Toolbars to become unresponsive.
- Hold Duration works again!
- GIFs no longer change background dimensions when exported.
- FacePaint recordings won't silently fail, and you can even record without audio now.
- You can now dismiss your Gradient Map menu without causing the app to freeze.
- QuickMenu won't be invoked by Apple Pencil when set to Touch only.
- Fix for Selection Color Fill locking up after undo.
- You can now SwatchDrop from the Floating Color Companion without rearranging your swatches.
- Performance improvements for Transform on large canvases.
- Transform Fit to Screen behaviour with Magnetics toggled on is fixed.
- Air 2 Selection improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
Awesome! Definitely worth the price!
I have only been using this app for less than a year, but it’s been amazing the whole time! Starting off, I was terrified that the price was like a subscription at first, but then I found out it was only a one time pay, which is great for my convenience! I heard about it, and when I heard it included art AND animation, I just had to get it! It has heaps of features, and all the brushes are great to use. Even though everything is great and awesome quality, there’s a little bit of critical feedback I’d like to give as well (all though I don’t think it should take down a single star!). With the animation, I feel as if it would be nice to add an audio feature. I understand why you wouldn’t add it in or anything, the app already has a lot of options. But I’d say a lot more people would buy it if it had audio in the animations! That’s the only reason I switch to FlipaClip in animation. One more thing is the fill bucket. I enjoy how fancy it is, and how much easier it is the fill a specific spot. But in some ways I believe the traditional “tap to fill” bucket works better. But I don’t think that really matters, since the whole app is amazing anyway. I used to use ibisPaint, a free drawing app, and I can say that ever since I got Procreate I only made my digital art there. So many things I love about this app, and I’m overall so happy that I bought it! 😊💖✨👍
Developer Response ,
Hey Kitten Lover! We would love to add audio into Procreate in the future. Animation is only in early stages for us, so we are always welcoming feedback and suggestions on how it can improve. Another thing is that you can actually use Recolour in the Adjustments menu for a traditional tap to fill type option. 🥰 We're so glad that you are enjoying Procreate and are able to make it part of your workflow for art and animation.
The definitive creators app for iPad - With one exception...
If you’re on the fence about downloading Procreate, my suggestion would be to just go for it! You’re not likely going to find the same quality or value for money experience in other apps on the App Store. Procreate is a one time purchase, full feature drawing app with included animation features. It comes with a huge selection of pre-made brushes and the ability to create and import your own alongside a broad range of brush customisation settings. To try to even include every feature that comes included in Procreate would be a challenge so, my friend, I’d recommend just jumping straight in and finding them all out for yourself.
Though, as a single critique, there is only one feature missing which would truly round out the entire creative capabilities of the app. The one thing I’d like to see the developers add is audio import and basic audio mastering support for animations. I understand this is no small task as it would require an overhaul to the current animation features, which are only quite recent themselves. I also understand that the current animation features are only a means to an end to appease any users who want to use the app to animate, as Procreate is marketed as a digital art app. Again, this being said, I as a user would like to see the app develop to accommodate as many creative individuals as possible.
Developer Response ,
Hi Dee - thank you so much for this glowing review of Procreate. It's awesome for us to hear that you find Procreate to be good value for money!
We're always happy to take on users' feedback regarding how we can improve the app, too! While animation is a feature that is new, we're always looking at making things better for our users!
Thanks again for the awesome review!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 326.1 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 13.2 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.