Loved by creative pros and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering 100s of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine — Procreate has everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, the train, the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It’s a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 8k on compatible iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- 3D Painting with Lighting Studio and Animated Export
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts
- Create art in stunning 64-bit color
- Continuous auto-save — never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets to organize your painting, sketching and drawing brushes
- Over 100 customisable settings for every brush
- Add Metallic and Roughness for painting in 3D
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Colour without compromise:
- Fill your line work with ColorDrop and SwatchDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette colour panels
- Import colour profiles for colour matching
- Assign Colour Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favorite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline and stabilisation smooth out strokes for beautiful calligraphy and expert inking
- Use Scribble to name layers, change settings and create text
• Accessibility features:
- Advanced stroke stabilisation
- Dynamic Type, VoiceOver and Feedback Sounds
- Assignable single finger gestures
- Colour naming
• Animation and Page Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with customisable onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
- Sketch page-by-page concepts or begin a comic with Page Assist
- Import, edit and share PDFs
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Brush in image adjustments and effects with Apple Pencil while keeping the ability to fine-tune its effects
- Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, Noise and Halftone add new dimensions to your work
- Gaussian, Motion, and Perspective Blur filters create depth and movement
- Powerful image adjustments including Color Balance, Curves, HSB and Gradient Map
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a shorter 30-second Time-lapse on your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Color Palettes
- Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, OBJ, USDZ, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
This update provides some much anticipated quality of life bug fixes for Large Canvas lagging and the corruption of Canvases in Stacks after attempted deletion. It also includes some other fixes included below:
* iPad Air 5 compatibility.
* Now when holding the Transform icon you'll be able to pinch outside of your selection to resize it, and pinch inside the selection to resize the Canvas.
* Keyboard Shortcuts are now able to be used when in Edit Text mode.
* Increased maximum dimensions of imported HEVC and MP4s.
* Large Canvases will no longer experience lagging after performing undos.
* Hexadecimal input will display correctly when using iOS's Larger Text accessibility setting.
* Canvases will not longer corrupt within Stacks when attempting to Delete following Duplication or adding a new Canvas to the Stack.
* Layer Select will now select the Layer correctly if you hover, rather than tap.
* Importing an image via the Photo button in the Gallery will no longer reduce the image dimensions upon import.
* Corrected notifications for SwatchDrop and Copy Layer.
* Procreate will not crash after moving or rearranging a Group of Layers within itself in the Layer Menu.
* Larger text will no longer cause the Paint and Transform icons to overlap on 12.9" devices.
* Exporting as a PNG with Page Assist on will now retain the background colour.
Ratings and Reviews
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
Procreate: Bring your dreams to life!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• As a young student attending a film school to become one of the next generation animators and and graphic designers. This app is like a dream come true! I use it in my spare time to create cartoon characters, (like the characters in Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego) that I will eventually turn into movie-style characters with detail, like Katie in the Mitchells VS the Machines. It’s great value for the money. At first, as a student, I worried that it would be a subscription. But when it turned out to be a one-time payment, I was delighted! This app has also been really useful for some of the work I’ve been assigned. ‘Make a short advertisement for an original movie, ending with a cliffhanger.’ I’ll use this app to create most of the characters, and I can green screen character’s backgrounds, putting them into an awesome place. I also LOVE making short animations. For instance, a character jumping from cloud to cloud a few times on floating islands in the sky. I have not one negative thing to say about this app! But I do have a suggestion, it would be great if you could add an audio feature. I am currently using a completely different app to put audio in, and it always sounds clunky and muffled. I absolutely LOVE this app and I have gotten all of my friends to purchase it. 💜
Developer Response ,
Hey there - it's so cool to hear that you're able to use Procreate for your animation and graphic design! 🖌🧡
We wish you the very best in your studies, and thank you very much for the support and the suggestion! ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Awesome! Definitely worth the price!
I have only been using this app for less than a year, but it’s been amazing the whole time! Starting off, I was terrified that the price was like a subscription at first, but then I found out it was only a one time pay, which is great for my convenience! I heard about it, and when I heard it included art AND animation, I just had to get it! It has heaps of features, and all the brushes are great to use. Even though everything is great and awesome quality, there’s a little bit of critical feedback I’d like to give as well (all though I don’t think it should take down a single star!). With the animation, I feel as if it would be nice to add an audio feature. I understand why you wouldn’t add it in or anything, the app already has a lot of options. But I’d say a lot more people would buy it if it had audio in the animations! That’s the only reason I switch to FlipaClip in animation. One more thing is the fill bucket. I enjoy how fancy it is, and how much easier it is the fill a specific spot. But in some ways I believe the traditional “tap to fill” bucket works better. But I don’t think that really matters, since the whole app is amazing anyway. I used to use ibisPaint, a free drawing app, and I can say that ever since I got Procreate I only made my digital art there. So many things I love about this app, and I’m overall so happy that I bought it! 😊💖✨👍
Developer Response ,
Hey Kitten Lover! We would love to add audio into Procreate in the future. Animation is only in early stages for us, so we are always welcoming feedback and suggestions on how it can improve. Another thing is that you can actually use Recolour in the Adjustments menu for a traditional tap to fill type option. 🥰 We're so glad that you are enjoying Procreate and are able to make it part of your workflow for art and animation.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 598.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 14.4 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.