Proloquo4Text™ is a text to speech app for those who cannot rely on their voice to speak. The app is laid out on a single screen to reduce the effort of typing. The layout enables easy, daily conversation and quick access to your most common phrases. Personalise it to your needs and preferences, whether that’s through choosing from the many voices available, or through customising your screen layout.
Proloquo4Text is the leading AAC solution for literate adults, teens and children. It is used by people with a wide range of diagnoses, including developmental disabilities (like autism, apraxia, and cerebral palsy) and acquired disorders (like laryngectomy, MND, stroke, or traumatic brain injury). Proloquo4Text can be used to produce speech by anyone who can type and spell.
Communicate with ease
• Use the single screen for easy access to words, phrases and keyboard
• Switch easily between conversations, making it easy to answer a question in another conversation, without disrupting what you typed in the first conversation.
• Decide when you speak with play, pause and speak-as-you-type
• Adjust appearance (font, colour, text size) to your preference and needs
Reduce typing effort
• Create, save and organise commonly used phrases
• Make typing quicker with advanced, self-learning PolyPredix™ word prediction
• Show what you typed with the fullscreen view and flip text features
• Type once, then say it again with history and sentence prediction
• Use keyboard shortcuts for quick access when using an external keyboard
Choose your voice
• Download, natural-sounding voices within Proloquo4Text. All premium Acapela voices are included in Proloquo4Text with no in-app purchase.
• Add personality and humour to your conversations with free specialty voices
• Choose from over 100 voices in 18 languages, so you can find the one that sounds most like you. Switch easily between languages.
• Use my-own-voice, a voice-banking technology, to preserve and capture the essence of your own voice in synthetic speech.
Share your world
• Send email, messages, and tweets from Proloquo4Text
• Write in Proloquo4Text and copy your text into another app
• Listen to text by pasting into Proloquo4Text
• Make phone and FaceTime video calls with Proloquo4Text.
Take your voice anywhere
• Proloquo4Text is available on both iOS and macOS. With iOS, you can use the app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch. The Mac version is a separate purchase on the Mac App Store.
• Smoothly transition between devices, thanks to Proloquo4Text’s consistent navigation on iPhone and iPad
• Easily access your commonly used phrases on Apple Watch, and just tap to show or speak them. You can customise the contents shown on the Watch from your iPhone.
• Follow words as they are spoken with optional sentence or word highlighting
• Optimised for Switch Control and VoiceOver
•Communicate without an internet connection
• Use multitasking functionality to run another app side-by-side on supported devices
• Keep your devices in sync by easily backing up and restoring your customisations and stored phrases.
AssistiveWare® is the developer of Proloquo2Go®, an award-winning symbol-based communication app that provides a voice to over 200,000 individuals around the world.
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Purchase Programme for Education.
We are excited to release a new voice - Tamira! Tamira is the first African American English digital voice designed for AAC.
This version also includes several bug fixes and performance improvements. Thanks for using our app!
Ratings and Reviews
I think that prop4text is very good communication program because I can add and I like how I can change how it look.
Developer Response ,
Hi bed26, thank you so much for your five star review and sharing what you like about Proloquo4Text. We are happy that you have customized the app to meet your needs. Please feel free to check our Proloquo4Text Help (www.assistiveware.com/support/proloquo4text) and Text-based AAC (www.assistiveware.com/text-based-aac) sections on our website for helpful information on using the app and articles on how text-based AAC can help people communicate. If you ever have questions about Proloquo4Text or have an issue with the app, our team is ready to help at firstname.lastname@example.org. :-)
This app is a godsend very easy to use
Developer Response ,
Hi dragonlady75, thank you for the glowing review and positive words on Proloquo4Text. We are happy that the app is having a positive impact on your life. Please check out our Proloquo4Text Help section (www.assistiveware.com/support/proloquo4text) and Learn AAC section (www.assistiveware.com/learn-aac) for helpful information on using the app and AAC, including articles for people who use text-based AAC. If you ever have questions about Proloquo4Text, please feel free to drop us a note at email@example.com and one of our team members will be happy to help you out. :-)
One of the best apps going
I've used proloquo2go and moved to 4text when it was released - it's very adaptable. The short cuts allow for quick communication in busy situations. The other features all make for a great application for literate users who have little to no problem with fine motor skills. I would give it 5 stars but they're continually improving with the end user in mind - so there's always a 5 star rating to aspire too :)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AssistiveWare B.V.
- 576.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2021 AssistiveWare
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.