PTSD Coach Australia is an app that helps people understand and manage the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD.
The App is based on the latest scientific understandings of PTSD, and was modified from the U.S. Department of Veterans' Affairs PTSD Coach app.
PTSD Coach Australia has been designed for use by Australian veterans and serving Defence Force personnel.
PTSD Coach Australia contains:
· Up to date information about PTSD and treatments for PTSD
· A range of symptom management tools and techniques.
· A PTSD assessment – allowing users to measure the severity of their symptoms over time, plot the results, and email them to a health professional.
· A scheduler that allows people to manage all their health appointments and activities.
· Information about where to find treatments and supports for PTSD in Australia– in the Defence health system, within the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and in the community.
Importantly: PTSD Coach Australia is not designed as a stand-alone treatment – ideally, it is a tool to use as part of your treatment. Health professionals can download clinical notes on this app from www.at-ease.dva.gov.au.
- Fixing broken links
- Providing warnings where phone permissions are required
- Other bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Help yourself with this app
PTSD is a complex and difficult subject to understand and recover from.
The fact is that you can be treated or assisted by; an app, professionals, friends, family or colleagues.
The real power to overcome PTSD is within your own mind.
PTSD Coach is a handy tool you can use anytime on your iPhone.
Not bad, but could be better
Not bad in terms of self help guides.
Not great for finding support, only provides support options for serving or ex-serving members, no option to choose neither.
Should link directly to support and counseling searches in local area.
Has some great tools. A diary area where we can record episodes and triggers would make it a 5.
- Australian Government, Department of Veterans' Affairs
- 34.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2013 Australian Government, Department of Veterans' Affairs
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.