Plan your journey, get real-time travel alerts and more with the new look PTV app.
Customers that use accessibility settings on their iPhone now have access to screen reader functionality with VoiceOver and large font options.
- Plan your journey with step by step navigation and fare details
- Set journey planner reminders for leaving on time
- Search for destinations, stops, routes and myki outlets
- View route numbers and recently searched items
- Use your current location to search for nearby transport options
- Set your home and work address for quicker journey planning
- Get real-time departure information for upcoming services
- Watch your service arrive at any stop (live tracking available for bus and train only)
- Save your favourite stops, lines, journeys and addresses for fast access
- Easy online access to myki top up
- Create an account and manage your account details
- Register your mykis and protect their balance
- Log in to your myki account and access your balance, expiry, top up and travel history
- Set and manage myki auto top up
- Stay informed with push notification alerts for disruptions to your journey, news and mykis.
- Fixed fare information for V/Line coach journeys
- Improved scrolling behaviour of favourites on For You screen
- Easily find your current location by tapping on location tool tip on the Service Overview screen
- Pin a preferred myki to always see it first
- Manage your myki and edit myki holder details
- New myki status if myki is expiring within 30 days
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Why show “mins til departure” not times?!
I’ve never left a review of any app but this feature annoys me so much I had to leave feedback.
Why does the timetable (Next 5) show “minutes left” instead of the time of departure? If I pull up a timetable, I don’t want to know that there’s a train leaving in 37 mins and it will reach my destination in 54 mins. I just want to know what time it leaves and what time I’ll be arriving so I can know if I’ll get there by 7pm. Instead, I have to do a lot of mental mathematics gymnastics and hope I’ve carried the one.
Seriously, change it. Or at the very least give us the option to change it in preferences.
And while I’m at it, why not combine Metro Notify and Tram Tracker with this app? I get that you’re different companies but come on, play nice.
Very bulky, slow and confusing app
Please see TripView app that operates in Sydney NSW. It’s very simple, just click on the station on the map you’re traveling from and then station to where you want to arrive. It shows real time trains including delays and indicates change in arrival times. Same with the buses, just click on the stop where you are on the map, location where you need to go and the app shows all busses in one line plus it tracks the buses. You can always see if the the bus is running late and the app adjusts the arrival time. It’s also possible to see previous times of transport arrivals as it’s all trackable.
The City Loop doesn’t show that after Flinders stop it actually goes further, and that’s apparently depending on time of the day. Just show that there is actually the next stop after Flinders.
There is so much more absolutely not user friendly at all with this app. It doesn’t show the train station when searching by the name quite often..why? I just want to know station to station times so that I can plan my trip myself as the app does a horrible job. Just let Google maps plan the trip as long as it’s provided correct information ( that city loop reverse times it doesn’t know about by the way ) and please just make the app simple and intuitive.
Can’t even complaint from the complaint feature
I was trying to write the complaint below, from ‘Non App Feedback’ section. It wasn’t taking my response. So I went to ‘App Complaint’ to write about it. Ironically it didn’t work as well. And said, Background Server unavailable. So I ended up here. I wonder, if this feature was there on the first place or it was just for show off.
Original complaint, “I’ve been waiting in front of A’Beckett Street bus stop till 6:35 am. The 6:43 am bus to Sunshine didn’t show up at all. In the app, before I stood in the stop, it was showing 8 mins to come and it just keep on adding a minute or 2 every time. And the 6:59 am service came 10 mins late. It took me almost 40 mins to get a bus. And this isn’t for the first time. Route 220 is the most unreliable service of PTV, since I take the bus 5 times/week for round trips from City to Footscray. I hope, proper concerns will take initiative to improve this bus service.”
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Public Transport Development Authority
- 54.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Public Transport Victoria
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.