Using the new recreational fishing app, you can:
- browse or search for fish species, view species description and scientific name
- access and search Queensland’s fishing rules, including possession limits, size limits and closures
- contact Fisheries Queensland and report unlawful fishing to the FishWatch hotline
- opt-in to receive Fisheries Queensland notifications, including reminders about upcoming closures
- purchase a permit to fish in one of our 63 stocked dams or weirs (via a link to the Australia Post SIPS sales platform)
- access geotargeted fishing rules to help determine if fishing is allowed in a particular location. This feature uses location maps and spatial data
- submit a photo of your catch and use the app’s artificial intelligence feature to assist in identifying the species The Fish ID tool is only available for a limited number of common Queensland fish species
- learn more information about your catch through the provision of information such as species, size, approximate age, and compare the size of your fish to others. This ageing feature is only available for a limited number of common Queensland fish species
- submit information, make an enquiry or complaint to Fisheries Queensland.
You can use the new recreational fishing app when you are in a remote location or have limited mobile signal reception. The app uses cached species information and simplified mapping information as part of its offline functionality.
The new recreational fishing app uses artificial intelligence to help you identify your catch. Help us grow the fish ID database so you get the most out of this new feature — the more images in the database, the more accurate the fish ID tool will be.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great initiative but Can I Fish here unreliable
When trying to use can I fish here when on the water in Moreton Bay when I tap the location icon it has never shown my position accurately on the map, generally out by kilometres. For example when easy of St Helena the map showed me near the Wynnum foreshore. I have tried it a few times across multiple days and hasn’t shown my location on water accurately yet. Strange ly while on land my location is more accurate
Missing a lot of photos is species
Great app but is missing a lot of photos of most fish species making some identifications difficult. Also the photo I’d is a good idea but needs work as it works only with common caught fish or times out.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.