Queensland school communities can interact with their favourite state schools using the QSchools smartphone app.
The QSchools app is a convenient way to receive up-to-the-minute information from and about schools.
While all schools are searchable using the app, the full app features are designed to integrate with the department’s preferred school website platform, to allow users to see when news, events and newsletters are posted to their selected school website. Users can also see other useful information provided by the school, such as tuckshop menus, uniform shop information, class times and the school’s and the department’s social media feeds.
The school community can also receive emergency announcements such as natural disasters and school closures through the app.
The QSchools app is particularly useful to parents who have students in different schools, as the app manages updates from multiple schools.
- Receive real-time notifications about school closures during natural disasters.
News, events and newsletters
- Access the latest information from your school
Tuckshop and uniform shop information
- Easily access your schools tuckshop menu and uniform shop information. Please note this is only available for schools that have activated the feature.
- Find schools using text search, postcode, school name, suburb or your current location.
- View school details including contact numbers, web address and other related information.
Departmental social media
- Learn more about state-wide initiatives, projects and events through the department’s integrated Facebook and Twitter feeds and YouTube channel ‘DETQueensland’.
Updates and improvements made to ensure push notifications and badges continue to function on iOS 13 and iPad OS13.
1. When using the app on an iPad running iPad OS13, you are unable to navigate to the slide-out menu on the left hand side of the screen unless you use the app in landscape mode.
2. The ability to search for an address in the ‘School Search > Map Search’ and ‘School Search > Schools Near Me’ maps has been temporarily disabled. The ability to zoom in and out of the map still functions.
These known issues will be addressed in a future release.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s good.. but..
In theory the app in good. It’s easy to use, easy to read etc but I’d like the option to be sent notifications from the app. For instance, my child’s school posts newsletters in the app which is great but unless you think to check the app for a newsletter, you will miss stuff. A simple notification when a newsletter is posted could solved that problem. The newsletter format is also difficult to read on a mobile device.
The app is great: the idea to provide all important information in a way that is easy to access is a great idea. It works well and has an easy to use interface that is consistent throughout. I particularly love the ease of adding events to my calendar.
The problem is with some schools who are not utilising all the features, or not doing so regularly. If your child attends one of these schools, there's no point to the app at all.
Every time I check this app it’s never up to date?
Today is 11th May but nothing has been added since March? If you go to all the trouble of setting up this app which is really great please keep it up to date not 2 months behind
- Department of Education (Queensland)
- 59.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 The State of Queensland (Department of Education)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.