RadioPublic - The Podcast App
You’re ready to find something good to listen to. Whether you Google “podcasts” as a first-time podcast listener or you’re a long-time podcast addict, RadioPublic’s free, easy to use podcast player for iOS makes listening to podcasts simple, enjoyable, & fun. (Also: free. We like that podcasts are free & we don’t provide our app for free at the expense of your privacy or personal data; we don’t require an account or social login to browse or listen. And unlike other free apps, we have no banner ads AND offer features that only paid apps have.)
What people using RadioPublic have to say
“I have yet to search for content that I can't access & the streaming experience is seamless.”
“The queue & downloads are easy to manage & preferences like per-show playback speed are easy to set.”
“Excellent variety & comfortable layout of podcasts you're following.”
Our podcast catalog
When you download the app through a podcast’s RadioPublic link, we magically return you to the show to listen^ subscribe If you’re not sure what else to add to your queue after that, you can search through our catalog of 500,000 podcasts (!!) for popular podcasts, podcast audio books, music podcasts (Spotify & Pandora aren’t the only places for listening to music!), & podcasts from networks like Gimlet, Radiotopia, BBC, Earwolf, Maximum Fun, HowStuffWorks, Stitcher, & the CBC or from news publications like The New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, & USA Today.
The human touch
Our Podcast Librarians regularly highlight award-winning podcasts, picking shows at the top of podcast charts like Apple Podcasts from NPR, WNYC, & PRX like This American Life, Criminal, & Serial while digging deep to surface small indie podcasts.
Overwhelmed by all the choices?
Tune in to one of our podcast stations organized by topic, theme, or time of day (podcasts are perfect for folding laundry!). Browse our podcast playlists curated by podcast experts & listeners like you, or explore some of our popular categories like Trending on RadioPublic, Indies to Watch, News & Current Events, Portraits of People, Interviews with Musicians, & Shows that Talk about Pop Culture. All our podcast recommendations are hand-curated by real humans & as one happy listener said, “I love all of the recommendations from their librarians. Total game changer.” (We couldn’t agree more.)
Key benefits & features for new listeners
RadioPublic is a Public Benefit Corporation, which means that everything we do benefits everyone, podcast listeners & podcasters alike.
• Download episodes while on WiFi & listen without using mobile data
• Tap play & stream podcast episodes without waiting for a download
• Create a continuous playlist by adding episodes to your queue
• Share podcasts & episodes with friends
• Follow your favorite shows & get notified when new episodes are published
• Add a HearMark™ to any podcast episode to bookmark a moment you want to return to
• Hop to a specific moment in a show selected by a podcaster with chapter support
• Frequent app updates from nice people who love podcasts & podcasters. (Our release notes are a thing of beauty. We like Canadian references a lot.)
Features power users will love
• Smart Folders help organize & filter your shows/episodes
• Auto-downloads for offline listening
• Add any podcast, including private Patreon RSS feeds
• Import/export your shows using OPML import
How podcasters benefit from listening on RadioPublic
• Podcasters can be paid when their show is heard in RadioPublic
• Your brand-new listeners arrive at your show first
• Stats appear in your hosting dashboard
• Message your most loyal listeners with Affinity Promotions
As one happy podcaster said, "RadioPublic’s development of Paid Listens is created with producers in mind. You all are going to revolutionize the industry.”
That revolution is to help us create the podcast republic we want. Happy listening!
In search, you will now see results for episodes matching your search term.
Lots of updates, bug fixes, and tweaks
Ratings and Reviews
Good podcast app
I got this app to replace Apple app. Works well.
I hope the developer reads this as I can’t find any other way to provide feedback.
I would like the ability to delete individual downloaded podcast episodes once listened to. At present you have to delete everything at once.
There is no obvious way to see which podcast have already been listened to, I recommend colour coding.
I would like a preference setting to auto delete a downloaded episode once listened to.
Great app, but recently...
Best app for podcasts I’ve ever used but the last update has a few bugs. I noticed if I’m typing with sound on, and got a podcast in the background, it seems to make the app crash. So far only problem I’ve had with the latest version!
What truly wonderful tales...
There’s nothing better than hooking into an interesting yarn and The Moth and its superb ‘Teller’s of Tales’ transports me into the private mystical world of strangers embracing their true to life amazing experiences and innermost sensuous feelings.
All top of the tree cream of the crop outstanding anecdotes.
Download the Moth and hear the tales
Of blind folk nerds and lucky nails
You’ll be enthralled love all the lot
As folk like you give all they’ve got
No risk I bet as yarns are told
You’ll be entranced each word is gold
Amazingly all tales are true
Each Storyteller is just like you
- RADIOPUBLIC PBC
- 107.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016 RadioPublic A Public Benefit Corporation
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.