The Rail Planner App makes your Eurail or Interrail journey smooth and stress-free, whether you’re planning your next trip from your sofa or searching for your next train at the station.
It even works offline, so you don’t have to turn on your data or go hunting for wifi to get to your next destination.
Here’s what you can do:
• Find train times offline with our new-look journey planner – Search all of Europe, or only show trains included in your Global Pass so you know you’re covered.
• Plan your route and track it on the map in My Trip – View a day-by-day itinerary for easy trip planning or switch to map view to see all your journeys and connections.
• Book seat reservations straight from the app – Go online to buy reservations for popular trains in Italy and France, as well as selected international trains, and receive them by email.
• Save money with extra benefits and discounts – Search by country and get extra discounts on ferries, buses, accommodation and more across Europe with your Pass.
• Find answers to all your questions – Read FAQs for the app, your Eurail or Interrail Pass, and train services in every country for a smooth trip, wherever you’re heading.
We've updated the app with the newest European timetables
Ratings and Reviews
Add obvious train numbers back in!
The new update is ok but my only request is PLEASE make the numbers of the train obvious at a glance like before! It was so useful going on the app and being able to see both the time of departure AND the number of the train straight away so that I know for sure I am getting on the right train. Otherwise it does the job.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for suggestion to make the train numbers more obvious. If you have more ideas or feedback you are very welcome to share at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This app has a lot of potential, but small things like adding a trip to ‘my journey’ for it only to disappear straight away makes travel planning impossible. If they fixed this, a fantastic app
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for your positive review! We had some problems with storing Trips because the number of users was higher than expected. That will never happen again in the future because of some changes we made. This answer is a bit late, we hope you have a properly working Trip now! Otherwise let us know at email@example.com.
Good but needs work!
This app does work but needs work to be more convenient when planning future trips.
1) The date selection is by scrolling, this is really slow and tedious as it always resets to today - really annoying when planning. Please show a pop up calendar for date and give option to start next search using the last used date, then you can scroll one day at a time as you are planning the trip.
2) Trains run on 24 hour time table but for some inexplicable reason the app uses 12 hour clock and as with date, does not remember last departure time used but always resets to current time - useless for planning, I want 7:00 start every day not 19:37 when I am doing the planning for next day.
3) The station names in the app do not correspond to the names on Eurail PDF map, this makes it really difficult for non-local (which all EuRail pass holders are) to know if one is actually going to end up where one is planning to go. For example the map says A Coruña, but no such station comes up in the app search. Please change the names on the map or in the app so they are spelled the same.
4) The is no “contact the developer” link in the app so only way to suggest improvements is via a review.
If you can fix only one thing then fix the time in search to 24 hour format and make the default start time user selectable to either a specific time or “now”. Thank you.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.