Random creates a string of characters (of your choice) of a particular length.
How to use this app:
1. Decide which characters you would like and enter them into the Allowed Characters field. Separate characters with a symbol of your choosing in the "Separating Character" Field.
2. Decide how long you want the output to be.
3. Click Generate!
You can copy the output and paste it into another application if you like. You can even have your phone read it to you (using the speak feature).
A couple of interesting ideas:
- You could mimic a set of DNA nucleotide bases (a genome). Type in "A,T,C,G" as the allowed characters and set a high length (100).
- You can create a dice by setting the allowed characters as "1,2,3,4,5,6" and setting the length to 1.
- Imitate a flipping coin by setting allowed characters to "heads,tails" and the length to 1.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Option to change the separating character. By default, it's a comma, but now you can change it to whatever you like. This allows a comma as a character in the output. Thanks for the suggestion Ely!
- Minor UI Enhancements.
- Small performance improvements.
Thanks for all your kind reviews and continued use of Random!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It's well done.
The app is very good
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.