Check out your favorite audiobooks, comics, eBooks, educational offerings, magazines, newspapers, videos and much more from your library. With RBdigital for libraries, you can access 15+ content services—all from a single app. Please Note: Content availability varies by library
Only RBdigital delivers all of your favorite types of content, all in one app:
• Books: Thousands of exclusive Recorded Books audiobook titles, as well as audiobook and eBook content from all major authors and publishers.
• Magazines and Comics: The world's most popular library digital newsstand with titles including The Economist and Us Weekly, and hundreds of top comics including the largest collection of Marvel®
comics available to libraries.
• Education: A comprehensive collection that includes The Great Courses, world language learning for adults and children, art and music instruction, software training, test prep, and more.
• Entertainment: Unlimited access to entertainment services, including movies and television shows, British TV and film, Spanish telenovelas and movies, and concerts.
• Health and Wellness: Unlimited access to live and on-demand wellness and personal development classes with experts from around the world.
• Newspapers: Access thousands of newspapers every day, including Boston Herald, Chicago Tribune, Denver Post, Los Angeles Times, Miami Herald, and New York Post, along with 90 days of back issues from national, provincial, and global leading publications.
Whether you’re on the go or at home, RBdigital delivers your favorite titles right to your smartphone or tablet. It’s never been easier to access the best digital media from your library’s collection.
Download the app now to listen, watch, read, learn, and enjoy!
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have a comparatively better experience with BorrowBox, this app is very clunky. Often my Wishlist doesn’t appear when I go into it, the search mechanism seems more complex than it need be, I feel as though 30 second FF and RW buttons are too expansive and 10-15 seconds would be much better, when I’m listening to a book the detailed screen is difficult to get in and out of without having to pause and re-play the book, the sleep timer could use an end of chapter/5min setting as 15 is too long (especially when listening and going to sleep) and I cannot renew a book I’ve borrowed if I can’t finish it in time without losing it and having to re-queue which is extremely frustrating and disruptive, particularly for long books. I prefer other apps to this one, only using this one for books I cannot access elsewhere.
Edit: I am now also being assaulted with numerous notifications to join wifi (when I’m not on a network) to download books each time I open the app to listen, regardless of whether there is anything to download or not.
Edit: I have also realised now that the Timezone must not align with mine because loans expire sometime during the day as opposed to midnight AEST...this was unexpected and I have now lost my place in a book I couldn’t renew while I had it because I couldn’t listen for 40hrs in a two week period.
RBDigital and its huge array of magazines is invaluable in keeping ordinary people informed in times of economic difficulty. The history magazines available via the RBDigital app at Ryde Library in Sydney, for example, are a fantastically accessible entry point into various historical eras – ancient Egypt, ancient Rome, medieval history etc – without which many of us would be left ignorant. Books can often be huge, dull and provide far too much detail for the beginner, who just needs a general overview, at least when first approaching the subject. The history mags, with their eye-catching illustrations and easy-to-grasp timelines make absorbing history he fun and appealing activity it should be.
But all of the other magazines available FOR FREE on RBDigital are a unbelievably good resource for which we should all be grateful.
Room for improvement
It’s generally great being able to listen to library audiobooks on the app, but there are lots of minor annoying glitches too. Often have to open the app to start each new chapter instead of it just continuing on. When restarting audio mid/track it usually repeats itself for a bit. Doesn’t integrate well with controlling from iPhone home screen, so After pressing stop on the home screen I often end up having to open the app and press stop twice more before I can stop the audio. Annoying when all you really want to do is momentarily pause the audio to speak to someone. It sometimes works with Apple headphone controls and sometimes doesn’t. I use the app all the time and for the most part it does its job, but these little glitches can be frustrating.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.