Recharge is a personalised six-week program that helps improve your general health and wellbeing by focusing on four key areas:
1. A regular wake and sleep time each day, achieved gradually over six weeks;
2. An alarm clock that triggers fun activities designed to get you up and out of bed;
3. Increasing your exposure to daylight early in the day, to help reset your body clock; and,
4. Encouraging you to increase physical activity, especially within two hours of waking up.
Establishing a good sleep/wake routine that includes regular exercise and early daylight exposure will help improve your mood, energy and general health and wellbeing as well as helping you sleep better at night.
• Receive practical tips to improve your sleep/wake routine and wellbeing
• Get daily reports to track your mood, energy, exercise and sleep
• View graphs to help monitor your progress
Recharge asks a few simple questions to set your personalised program goals. Simply answer a few questions about your mood, energy, exercise and sleep, to receive a daily report that will show you which goals you’ve met each day. Your progress tracker will help you see the relationship between your mood, energy, exercise and sleep over the six-week program.
• Morning check in: Rate your sleep quality and note the time you went to bed
• Afternoon check in: Rate your mood and energy (plus get a bonus tip)
• Night check in: Log the amount and intensity of exercise you’ve done today
Simply click on one of the helpful tips provided in the Recharge app to view the Wellbeing guide. This is a collection of simple, practical and evidence-based tips on sleep and how it affects your body, diet, exercise, energy, mood and more.
---Not recommended for shift workers---
At this stage, Recharge is not suitable for shift workers – especially people working on rotating rosters, as it's difficult to establish a regular sleeping pattern.
Recharge is the result of a collaboration between ReachOut Australia, The University of Sydney’s Brain & Mind Research Institute, Inspire Ireland Foundation and the Young and Well Cooperative Research Centre.
The advice, information and activities within the Recharge app and Wellbeing guide are for educational purposes only. It is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If you find that the app is not helping improve your sleep, general health and wellbeing, or your situation has worsened, see a doctor. By downloading this app, you agree to the terms and conditions provided at http://recharge.youngandwellcrc.org.au/terms
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
Worked fantastically for two weeks. It's simple, doesn't require much remembering, and has the first alarm that's pretty much guaranteed to wake me up in the morning. Unfortunately, it won't open anymore, and just crashes during the loading screen. Not even restarting my phone helped.
Wish I could use it properly!
Seems like a great app however the app crashes when I try to record my mood at the end of the day and have not been able to get past day 1... Please fix this, I'd really like to use program!
Simple and easy
Good app but would be good if you could change your goals through out the program and it could sync with the health app
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- ReachOut Australia
- 36 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Young and Well CRC, ReachOut Australia, The University of Sydney, Inspire Foundation (Ireland)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.