The Recycle Right app assists with understanding which bin to put your rubbish in, as well as providing handy drop off locations for items that don’t belong in either bin. Information applies to residents in the Perth metropolitan region and Avon Valley.
*Which Bin – provides an explanation of what goes in which bin and what happens to the contents of the bin at the recycling facility.
* Materials A- Z – a searchable A – Z which provides advice on which bin to put things in for this region as well as great tips to re-use or recycle many different items.
* Hints and Tips – tips on how to reduce packaging, reducing food waste, how to create a worm farm or how to compost and how to use real nappies and reduce junk mail, wherever you are.
* Find my nearest – using GPS technology you can find your nearest battery recycling centre, car part disposal facility, construction and demolition disposal facility, charity shop, hazardous household waste disposal site anywhere in Perth.
*Take Part – Gives great ideas on how you can take part in your community or in nationwide initiatives and how to book a tour of the recycling facility to see what happens to your waste.
* Leftover Recipes – Using leftovers is one of the best ways to save money and prevent waste. These recipes will help transform your leftovers, wherever you are.
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea but what can go in the bins needs to be updated. Aerosols and soft plastics can no longer go in your commingled recycling bin.
App does not find my location and there is no way to manually set a location - so search function to find my nearest recycling centre for various items does not work. Otherwise app is full of helpful information
Great info, easy too use
- Southern Metropolitan Regional Council
- 32 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Southern Metropolitan Regional Council
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.