A news reader for the Mac with support for various sync services.
Reeder 4 adds new features like…
- The new Bionic Reading mode
- An in-app Read Later service which syncs with iCloud
- Image previews in the articles list (finally)
- An image viewer
- Much improved article viewer
- More layout options, including automatic layout depending on window size
- Automatic reader view
Navigate the app using gestures for a great reading experience. Customize shortcuts and gestures to fine-tune the app to your needs.
Supported sync services:
- Feed Wrangler
- The Old Reader
- BazQux Reader
If you want to use a self-hosted service, Reeder should work with services which use the Fever or the Google Reader API. Or just standalone RSS (without syncing) if you don't want to use any service.
Reeder 4 is also available for iOS.
- Option to automatically hide and show toolbars in the article viewer (disabled by default, see Settings → Reading)
- It’s now possible to delete Read Later articles using the keyboard (“delete” key)
- Memory usage
- General performance improvements
- Article not opening when “Automatic Reader View” is enabled
- Empty article viewer
- Context menu placement
- UI freezes for accounts with a lot of articles
- Issues with searching in the article list
- Potential crash on start
- Local/RSS: Not finishing syncing
- Local/RSS: Missing dates
- Local/RSS: Missing images
- Various other minor bugfixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pretty good RSS Reader
Works well across multiple devices.
Worst version ever
Been using Reeder for years, but this release has been the worst version since.
The macOS version on startup just starts consuming memory until it crashes exhausting all the resources of the Mac.
Done a complete cleanup and reinstalled more than once in case it was old setting or something but still just leaks memory.
Tried to contact App Support and never get a response.
Also had issues with v4 on iOS with crashes as well. Have to keep using v3 :(
Fantastic RSS Reader
I love the fact that it treats Instapaper as a feed. Really nice way of browsing saved articles.
Normal RSS reading functionality is great. Nice layout; nicely customisable.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.