République’s massive Fall 2018 update includes over 1000 fixes and new features, including:
• FREE EPISODE ONE: Players can now access Episode 1: Exordium free of charge! Episodes 2-5 can unlocked with a single in-app purchase
• 3 Unique Costumes: For the very first time on mobile, players can access three costumes for Hope that not only look cool, but change the way you play…
o Runner: Hope becomes ultra-fast, and a timer records your speedrun progress
o Prizrak: Unlocks unlimited TASER® shots
o Student: Turns off auto-save and randomizes weapon drops. Players must collect Tapes to save their game at Beast terminals. For hardcore République players only!
• Bluetooth Gamepad Support + New Control Scheme: mobile players can now control Hope directly with a Bluetooth gamepad, just like the console version
• Lightning fast speeds: République now runs at 60FPS on iPhone X
• Improved performance, frame rate, and visuals across all devices
• FREE documentary series: Our six-part documentary, THE MAKING OF RÉPUBLIQUE, is now available for free
• And much, much more!
Developed over five years by industry veterans (Metal Gear Solid, Halo, F.E.A.R.), RÉPUBLIQUE is a thrilling and topical stealth-action game that explores the perils of government surveillance in the Internet Age.
• POLYGON - "A must-play experience in 2014."
• IGN - "Special, new, and necessary."
• TOUCH ARCADE (5/5) - "Shaping up to be a masterpiece."
• WINNER - “Excellence in Storytelling,” International Mobile Game Awards
• THE WASHINGTON POST - "Sets a new benchmark for mobile game quality."
You receive a call from Hope, a woman trapped inside a mysterious totalitarian state. By hacking into the nation's elaborate surveillance network and taking control, you guide Hope through a web of danger and deception across five thrilling episodes.
• One Touch stealth action gameplay
• Immersive puzzles and strategic choices
• Innovative, interactive developer commentary (in-app purchase)
• Fully translated in English, French, German, Spanish, Russian and Portuguese
• Incredible voiceover performances, starring:
o Rena Strober
o David Hayter (Metal Gear Solid)
o Jennifer Hale (Mass Effect, BioShock Infinite)
o Dwight Schultz (killer7, Star Trek)
o Khary Payton (Metal Gear Solid 4)
• Not optimized for iPhone 4
• Close all running apps to improve performance and stability
5/2/19: update resolves various bugs and performance issues.
Ratings and Reviews
It seems this game has had a few updates since I played it. I found it more of an interactive novel/artwork than a game as the storyline is already set. But really wonderful in the way it merges the ‘gameplay’ with the philosophical themes. A primer in politics of surveillance and complicit nature of power that is more effective due the immersive experience and by forcing you to confront true (ie inescapable) dilemmas. In the end I was quite happy to be railroaded by the GM! Only minor quibble for me is I feel it would have been better ending at an earlier point but won’t go into details- spoilers.
Best dystopian game yet
This is the best dystopian, if not the best game I've played on an iPhone yet. The Orwellian theme is great and it keeps you engaged. Graphics are fun with the shifting camera angles to help you out. I love that through the phone camera, the player truly feels like they're assisting Hope in escaping. Fantastic game. I just clocked after a week at 5 episodes. I hope there are more games like this that carry on from this storyline. Very well done.
Best stealth game on mobile
I'm a big MGS fan and I was very excited when I found out Ryan Payton who worked on MGS4 worked on this game.
Everything about this game is so good. The story, the atmosphere, the puzzle, the music and even the voice acting too! And for the MGS fan out there, it also has David Hayter in it as well!
I cannot recommend this game enough. It's worth every penny and every minute. Get it 😊
- Camouflaj LLC
- 3.2 GB
Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Camouflaj LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Documentary Part 1 $1.49
- Documentary Part 2 $1.49
- Episodes 2-5 $10.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.