Home in on the goal with Heatseeker: Season 6’s newest Game Mode! Battle for the ball and prove your dominance on the field in thrilling online matches.
Car games and football collide in Rocket League Sideswipe! Car football has been reimagined for mobile devices by the makers of the hit game Rocket League. Play online multiplayer games with friends or players around the world while you score goals in fast-paced 2-minute car football matches.
Drive the football ball into your opponent’s net to score goals and win matches. Our fast race cars let you fly into the air and pull off trick shots, even a flip reset! Race to the top of the car football leaderboards, dominate the pitch, and take part in worldwide Ranked Matches. Looking to relax and have fun? Try car football in Casual Mode and perform your craziest maneuvers without affecting your rank.
Multiplayer car games get leveled up by combining action-packed football and boosted race cars. Play online multiplayer games for free and master the game’s intuitive touch controls, perfectly designed for mobile car battle gameplay. Unlock exciting new car items and customise cars to fit your style. Feel the heat of Season 6’s all-new Game Mode, Heatseeker!
Experience online sports games from anywhere with Rocket League Sideswipe. Play together with friends and become a car football hero. Good luck, have fun!
Rocket League Sideswipe Features:
Fast-Paced Car Football
- Online multiplayer games: Face off in 1v1 or 2v2 car football matches
- Drive fast and compete in thrilling 2-minute multiplayer games for free
- Play online from anywhere, no prior football or driving skills needed
- Hit the football field at any level, it doesn’t matter if you’re a Rocket League veteran
Redesigned for Mobile Sports Games
- Sports car action: With only three buttons needed for control, Rocket League Sideswipe offers easy-to-learn gameplay with room for freestyle stunts
- Car battle: Chase down the ball with aerial boost and go on the offensive
- Play together in a two-player game and communicate with Quick Chat Stickers
- Enjoy matches with random in-game changes in the casual Game Mode Mutator Madness
Online and Offline Matches
- Sports game novice? Start off with our car football tutorial to get you the controls you need
- Play car football online in competitive team games with players around the world
- Online games in Casual Mode let you have more fun without affecting your ranks
- Play multiplayer car games offline and hone your skills against bots
- Battle against friends and show off your best tricks in Private Matches
Rocket Pass and Seasons
- Online multiplayer games let you earn seasonal Rocket Pass items
- Play Heatseeker, a new Game Mode where the ball homes in on your opponent's goal
- Drive to victory and climb the Competitive Ranks with each new Season
- Ball game with unique rewards: earn Player Titles and more based on your Rank
- Enter the football field in style and make a statement with epic customised cars!
- Customise cars with items that you unlock as you play car football online
- Choose from thousands of customisation combinations and build custom sports cars
- Play football with a twist and unlock custom cars, wheels, decals & more!
Download Rocket League Sideswipe and meet your fated rivals on the pitch of this next-level sports game.
Follow for all the latest news and updates:
Season 6 Rocket Pass Content
- Season 6 includes some of our Sideswipe Team’s favorite content, be sure to check it out.
Season 5 Rewards
- Players will unlock Player Banners and Titles based on the highest Competitive Rank they reached in Season 5. What was your highest rank?
Car Collision Mutator
- We’re happy to announce you can keep the smashing good times going - Car Collision Mutator is here to stay! Use this to your advantage and bump your opponents (and teammates) around in Heatseeker, Mutator Madness, and Private Matches.
- Bring the heat in Sideswipe’s fast-paced competitive playlist featuring mayhem and Car Collisions, Ka-Chow!
- A player reporting and blocking feature has been added. Go to your recent players and block or report any bad actors you’ve run into.
CHANGES AND UPDATES
Party and Friends List
- UI Polish
Miscellaneous art polish on some in-game Items
Fixed a visual glitch with wheels clipping through car bodies
UI - including some localized text positioning
Masamune and Chikara G1 car bodies no longer “float” in the Garage
Ratings and Reviews
Network bug in latest update
I’ve been playing sideswipe for a long time now and it has been one of my favourite games. However something in one of the latest updates (season 5 update maybe?) has been giving me a lot of headache. When my internet drops out in the middle of a game, while it used to reconnect reasonably swiftly, now sideswipe just seems to indefinitely stay disconnected, requiring a full restart of the app to reconnect. I know it is definitely not my internet dropping out for that long, because often I will be on call using mobile data simultaneously while playing, and while I can hear the call dropping out for a second or two then reconnecting, sideswipe will just stay disconnected for minutes, after which point the game is over and obviously lost. This is very, very problematic for me, almost to the point of being blocking, because I used to primarily play on my commutes to and from work, but the trains pass through quite a few small reception black spots. While this used to just result in a few small lag spikes, now this results in the game completely losing connection and requiring an app restart, which basically means I cannot play ranked on the train. I hope this can get fixed.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thanks for reaching out! We are glad to look into the connectivity issues you're encountering. Please have a look at these steps that can help: https://bit.ly/3QgY6Zl If this doesn't help, reach out to our team here: http://bit.ly/RLSupport so we can investigate this and get you playing as smoothly as possible. Thanks!
Matchmaking is not good
Idk if there are not enough people playing or something but it’s surprisingly common how many times I get matched up with people I have won / lost against in ranked. The game is really fun and easy to pick up but losing rank to the same player gets annoying fast once you realise how often it happens (for me like 2-3 times every half hour). Also the tutorial should also point out that the jump+boost button is in the settings because I never would have found out unless my friend didn’t tell me.
Season 3 also has lag spikes that were not present earlier.
Other than that, this is a really good game. Easy to pick up and has addictive and fluid gameplay that one would expect from a RL game. Cosmetics are easily obtainable and the new seasonal game modes provide unique alternatives to the RL formula.
Disappointing and average
I’m amending my review...it is now a 1-star app. Ever since the fortnite update, everything has been horrible. From latency issues in every game to overheating my phone (IPhone XS Max) and overall creating an environment that makes me loathe even having this game anymore. I gave it a chance and put up with some lag issues here and there, and a crappy update to allow for a 2v2 map in a 1v1 game mode but I can no longer tolerate it and playing has become too tiresome. I expected better from the devs given Rocket League has been so great
Don’t get me wrong, this is a great game but I find myself far too often disappointed and let down by this game. There are frequent games that become unplayable by either me or my opponent due to the server lagging. In addition to this, they have recently made the 2v2 map a possibility for a 1v1 game mode which is not enjoyable at all. The goals are far to difficult to score in and far too easy to defend. I don’t mind if some people wish to play on it, but there should be something to opt out if you don’t want to play on it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Psyonix LLC
- 1.3 GB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Psyonix