If you’re learning German and want to build your vocabulary and perfect your pronunciation fast, then RoteStar has been designed for you.
Why it’s different: RoteStar’s hands-free Audio mode lets you listen and learn while you’re walking the dog, cycling in the park, stuck in traffic, at the gym, doing the housework … whenever and wherever you want!
Use the brilliant Settings screen to choose the word arrangement, language order, answer delay, voice speed, and learning level that suits you. And with the Record function, you can compare your pronunciation with that of a native speaker.
RoteStar is simple to use and easy to navigate. And because RoteStar’s database of over 2,000 word- and phrase-pairs is fully downloaded, no internet access is needed once you have the app.
RoteStar provides four operating modes to support your learning – Audio, Flash, Quiz and List:
• Audio lets you listen and learn while you get on with your busy life
• Flash mode provides you with flashcards - a proven memory training tool
• Quiz mode gives you a quick, easy and fun way to test yourself and improve your recall
• List mode lets you browse through the entire database of words and phrases, study verb conjugations, search for words, or create your very own custom word list… and you can use the Settings screen to control all of them too.
Lastly, the RoteStar 101 section contains a bunch of other useful stuff:
• A summary of the key similarities and differences between the English and Portuguese languages
• Lists containing over 600 English / German cognates (similar words) and 100 false cognates for you to browse through
• An explanation of English and German grammar that you’ll actually enjoy reading
RoteStar has been designed by language students for language students. We’re sure you’ll love it!
Made unlockable content clearer in-app
Increased size of font in Flashcards for easier reading
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Greatly good for pronunciation and vocab
I love the Audio mode - put it on and listen to well selected word sets. Best pronunciation and vocab app I've found. Like how you can mix up order of language, words etc
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Heligan Services Pty Ltd
- 156.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Heligan Services Pty Ltd 2016
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.