If you’re learning Portuguese and want to build your vocabulary and perfect your pronunciation fast, then RoteStar has been designed for you.
Why it’s different: RoteStar’s hands-free Audio mode lets you listen and learn while you’re walking the dog, cycling in the park, stuck in traffic, at the gym, doing the housework … whenever and wherever you want!
Use the brilliant Settings screen to choose the word arrangement, language order, answer delay, voice speed, and learning level that suits you. And with the Record function, you can compare your pronunciation with that of a native speaker.
RoteStar is simple to use and easy to navigate. And because RoteStar’s database of over 2,000 word- and phrase-pairs is fully downloaded, no internet access is needed once you have the app.
RoteStar provides four operating modes to support your learning – Audio, Flash, Quiz and List:
• Audio lets you listen and learn while you get on with your busy life
• Flash mode provides you with flashcards - a proven memory training tool
• Quiz mode gives you a quick, easy and fun way to test yourself and improve your recall
• List mode lets you browse through the entire database of words and phrases, study verb conjugations, search for words, or create your very own custom word list
… and you can use the Settings screen to control all of them too.
Lastly, the RoteStar 101 section contains a bunch of other useful stuff:
• A summary of the key similarities and differences between the English and Portuguese languages
• Lists containing over 600 English / Portuguese cognates (similar words) and 100 false cognates for you to browse through
• An explanation of English and Portuguese grammar that you’ll actually enjoy reading
RoteStar has been designed by language students for language students. We’re sure you’ll love it!
Made unlockable content clearer in-app
Increased size of font in Flashcards for easier reading
Ratings and Reviews
Yeah this is a great app, it's actually really useful to just have vocab playing while you're doing other stuff like driving or whatever.
Marvellous app, works well and love being able to listen to the vocabulary whilst going about my day.
An amazing and educational app
This app is extremely useful for anyone wishing to learn a language, I would highly recommend it.
- Heligan Services Pty Ltd
- 153.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Heligan Services Pty Ltd 2016
- In-App Purchases
- English $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.