Roundtrip Learner Logbook 4+
Officially accepted in NSW
Eat More Pixels
- Offers In-App Purchases
Roundtrip is a free and officially recognised NSW digital logbook that lets you easily record your driving practice and submit your logbook to TfNSW.
Roundtrip makes it easy to officially record and track your NSW driving practice and learning goals. Simply tap the record button, enter your current odometer and then you're off!
Roundtrip features include:
- Officially recognised replacement for your NSW paper logbook by Transport for NSW
- Automatically record your practice time, location, weather and more while your drive
- Lock your phone and put it away while you drive and the app will keep recording
- Track and sign off on your 20 NSW learning goals
- Track your practice totals (day hours, night hours and total hours)
- Calculate bonus hours automatically (e.g., 3 for 1 driving instructor lessons)
- Submit to Transport for NSW once your logbook requirements are complete
- Automatically back up your practice data in case you lose or break your phone
- No account or app is required for supervisors, only learner drivers need the app
To register to use the app you must hold a valid NSW-issued learner licence (or temporary paper learner licence).
Roundtrip 1.18.1 continues our commitment to improve learner experience. We have made logbook submission more reliably regardless of device clock settings, and we have added more specific information to guide learners on completing the requirements for logbook submission.
Roundtrip Pro is an optional subscription that adds useful features and support Roundtrip development. Roundtrip is developed by a two-person team, so we really appreciate your support to keep developing Roundtrip and add new features in the future!
If you are unsure whether all the Roundtrip Pro features are worthy of the subscription fee, you can now get temporary access to Roundtrip Pro features by watching a short video. We think this is a great way to let everyone try out the great features available in Roundtrip Pro and provides a way for some of you to support us without committing to a subscription fee.
Please note: You do not need to upgrade to Roundtrip Pro to keep using Roundtrip, all the essential features are still available for free. Roundtrip Pro is just a way to show your support for the team who makes Roundtrip and get access to a few bonus features.
You can find out more about Roundtrip Pro at https://www.roundtripapp.com/pro-faqs. If you have any feedback or feature suggestions for Roundtrip Pro, please let us know at https://www.roundtripapp.com/support.
What's New in Roundtrip 1.18:
• Added network time support when submitting logbook
• Added a confirmation alert when a trip with an accredited instructor is saved as a "normal" trip (i.e. no bonus hours will be applied)
• Improved instructions in Logbook tab on what to do next towards completing logbook submission requirements
• Fixed an issue causing advertisements to be shown for Roundtrip Pro users when sign-off is skipped after recording a new trip
• Fixed an issue causing final sign-off items to be displayed as incomplete after logbook is submitted
• Fixed a UI issue causing content to be repeated at rare occasions
• Fixed a UI issue causing certain icons to be rendered incorrectly for Practice Suggestion in Pre-Trip Recording View
• Fixed a UI issue causing certain percentage values to occupy two lines in Driving Summary view (Thanks Zac!)
• Updated sorting algorithm for Supervisor and Vehicle to be case-insensitive
• Updated Supervisor description in Supervisor listing to be more concise
• Updated weather data source
• Various other performance and stability improvements
Please feel free to contact us via email@example.com if you experience any issues or have any questions as we pride ourselves on bringing you a reliable and easy-to-use digital learner logbook.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Logbook for NSW
Roundtrip is the best logbook for L’s drivers.
The app is very user intuitive and is easy to use. Whilst the setup might seem daunting, it is necessary to complete in any of the other log book apps as Transport for NSW (new name for the RMS) require all of those details. Logging a drive starts by entering the odometer and pressing a button. The logging of the rest of the details takes place after the drive which is convenient. Further, only the learner needs to have the app which is better for parents as some are lazy. Whilst there are some LTrent ads on the app, the actual system outweighs that negative. Further, the fact that the night hours are automatically calculated after using data for when it’s sunset is very nice. I highly recommend this app to any learner in NSW. Whilst I haven’t used the other ones, I think one of the other apps is a “lite” version which I wouldn’t trust and the other I think requires supervising drivers to have the app.
Simple and efficient
The Roundtrip app was so useful for me, I didn't have to do any calculations and it was clear for my parents to read/use when they would go over the info at the end of each drive then sign off. There is nothing difficult about using this app and it saves so much time as well as not having to move the little hours book between cars if doing manually.
I love how you can have all the different vehicles being used listed and you just need to choose which one, and it's the same for the supervisor list. Overall a great time and energy saver
Great app, great support
My son uses this to track his hours - couldn’t be simpler. Love that it tracks distance, weather, daylight/nighttime, and has the ability to recognise “lesson hours” and automatically credit the 3:1 bonus. When I sign off I get to see the current logbook total so I know he’s on track. I guess the best part is that he loves it too - I never have to remind him to start or stop the log. We recently had a support issue, and the support team could not have been more helpful. We’re at 101 hours as of this morning and he’s in the final stretch leading up to his Provisional test in late June - completely on track and fully documented thanks to RoundTrip!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Eat More Pixels Pty Ltd
- 52.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Eat More Pixels Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Monthly Subscription $4.99
- Pro Yearly Subscription $44.99
- Roundtrip Pro Lifetime Pass $65.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.