Routinist helps you achieve goals and build habits by scheduling time for them as part of your everyday routines.
I built Routinist because I got tired of having excuses for why I wasn’t taking action on my goals: I don’t have time... I’m too tired… I forgot… etc. Routinist eliminates these excuses for me.
Becoming a better you is hard. It requires motivation, planning, commitment and execution. Only you can keep yourself motivated and committed over the long term. The purpose of Routinist is to help with the planning and execution parts, so you can improve your health, achieve your goals, and continue becoming a better you.
Step 1: List your typical morning routine actions and estimate time for each action. This can be super simple (get ready for day for 45 mins), or as detailed as you like (floss 1m, brush 3m , shower 10m, shave 5m, etc.).
Step 2: Enter your desired sleep and Go Time (the time you need to leave for work).
Step 3: Add new actions (those small steps towards your goals like flossing or exercising) and their estimated time, and insert them into your routine.
Routinist uses this info to remind you when to wake up and go to bed so you have time for your routines and get the sleep you need. Take action during the time you most control: your mornings and evenings. Routinist removes the ‘when’ so you can focus on the ‘what’.
• Build morning (and evening!) routines
• Wake up and bed time reminders
• Understand your time constraints and prioritize
• Reduce decision fatigue
• Routines sync with your Apple Calendar!
• Optimize your routine: tweak the time, order and frequency of actions for any routine any time (yes – even during an active routine)
• Complete actions, skip actions, and undo skip/complete as needed
• Continuously updated routine completion times
• Timers & notifications for each action
• Apple Watch! Complete, Skip, Pause & Resume from the notifications on the Apple Watch or iPhone notification center
• Flexibility: schedule actions on certain days each week or every x days, x weekdays, etc.
• Progress Tracking for a birds eye view of your progress
• Detailed History of every routine
• Dark Mode
• 120+ action ideas with suggested times
Routinist is probably very different from any other app you’ve tried, and it takes some getting used to. But I strongly believe this unique approach to achieving your goals will make your life better.
“Anyone can list out their goals, but they will be quickly abandoned without the help of an app like this… No other goal app compares to Routinist. Worth the time to learn.”
“This app enabled me to establish a regular morning routine for the first time in my 45 years of life.”
“If you have different times for leaving to work/school everyday but similar morning tasks this is perfect. It is worth the time to try it.”
"Your app has enormous potential in helping others reach theirs."
Routinist does not advertise and is instead supported by Premium membership through an auto-renewing subscription. If you choose to purchase Premium, payments will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. The current price is $4.99 USD per month, and may vary from country to country.
*** FIXED ***
• Routines should now display the correct date for 3rd shift workers and those who go to bed after midnight.
Version 2020.7 notes were:
*** FIXED ***
• Premium - some users who purchased the original unlimited action unlock were not able to become Premium Subscribers to access Other Routines, Calendar Sync, Stats & History, etc. This has now been fixed!
• Calendar Sync - some people have reported multiple versions of the same event appearing on their calendars. I hope this update has fixed this issue for those users (please let me know if the issue remains).
• Stats & History - the morning/evening button is now displaying correctly in Dark Mode.
• Evening Reminders - these reminder settings will no longer reset to default as they did in some instances.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have thoughts/questions/suggestions/etc.
Thank you for your support!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is amazing u have saved my life i have a mind of a gold fish and i can finally remember!!!!!!
Hi! This app is fantastic. Thank you for developing this! Changed my life. I would recommend this to anyone and the subscription fee is well worth it.
As someone with adult adhd I really struggle to manage my time - mostly because I’m terrible at estimating how long each task will take, because I get distracted or because I lose track of time.
This app helps so much! Some thing I LOVE:
- I can see exactly what task I’m doing now, and what task is next.
- I can see the impact each task has on what time I’ll leave the house. It helps me stay on track and be on time!
- The nag reminders too when I’m taking longer than I should!
Only suggestions for updates would be:
- the option for an alarm that I have to physically turn off when it’s time to go to the next task (just so that I don’t dawdle), or an alarm that rings for slightly longer so I don’t accidentally miss when it’s time to switch.
- the ability to create lists of different routines (e.g cleaning or study time) and categorise them.
- an option to automatically shorten every other task in the list, if one task if taking longer than it should (so that the time I’m leaving isn’t affected)
- an update to make this app available on the Apple Watch so I can use them together.
Anyway, thanks so much for creating this! Well worth the subscription fee!
Missed the mark for me.
The app creator has obviously put A LOT of effort into this app and I applaud them for that. Unfortunately, I also believe in the mindset of if something isn’t broken, don’t fix it. The user experience of this app doesn’t have a predictable user experience according to the norms of just about every other app out there, so it isn’t intuitive. This would not be a problem if the developer had somehow improved on the current predictable norm and made it more intuitive, but they haven’t done that. In this way it reminds me a bit of Google+, which was based on an excellent concept and had a lot of effort put into the creation of it, but ultimately missed the mark on usability due to not improving on the current norm. I hope the developer keeps working on making it better because I think they have and Excellent idea, and I would love to try it again in the future if the usability is improved, but for now I’m going to give this one a miss.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Timothy Johnson
- 51.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Tim Johnson
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription $7.99
- Routinist Premium $17.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.