The free South Australian Weed Control app provides essential information about the control of weeds declared under legislation in South Australia.
The app includes:
- colour photographs and descriptions of the 139 declared plants to aid identification
- chemical and non-chemical control treatments for these weeds
- legislative provisions applying to the weeds in the user’s region
- links to state policies and further information on each declared plant
- information on the safe use of herbicides
The app presents information from the annual Weed Control Handbook for Declared Plants in South Australia.
App users can also:
- record the location of weeds via their phone GPS
- keep notes and a log of control activities
- phone or email regional resource officers to report weeds
- include photos in weed notifications and requests for advice
Information in the app is updated as chemical uses and plant declarations change.
The SA Weed Control app is produced by Biosecurity SA in partnership with regional authorities.
South Australian Weed Control App
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Our back yard is 20% grass, 80% various weeds and finding what they all are I’d have to take pics of them all and go to a garden centre and ask...
This app, has given me all I need to hopefully get rid of these weeds and replace it all with a full yard of grass.
Now this is an app!!
Brilliant! I’ve been trying to find out what this weed was for ages downloaded this app sent a picture and got a reply the same day whilst other web places just ignored me!
- Primary Industries and Regions South Australia
- 83.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2019 Primary Industries and Regions SA, ABN 53 763 159 658
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.