ABBYY FineScanner AI - the first smart AI-powered scanner that turns your mobile device into an all-purpose tool to quickly capture docs and books, create electronic copies in PDF and JPEG and extract texts from scans for further editing and sharing.
FineScanner AI - the top mobile scanner for iPhone or iPad from ABBYY, a global leader in Content IQ technologies and solutions.
*** Ranked #1 Business application in 98 countries ***
*** Winner of SUPERSTAR Award in the "Document Capture" category in the Mobile Star Awards ***
Use FineScanner AI to scan paper documents, books, agreements, receipts, magazine articles, notes, recipes, charts, tables, slides, whiteboards or even billboards on the street and get perfect digital copies.
• PDF & JPEG. Scan any text and save scans to JPEG images or cross-platform PDF documents
• ABBYY NEURAL NETWORK. Detect images with text inside the phone gallery to speed up the scanning process
• OFFLINE OCR. Quickly extract text from scans into TXT format on your device without an internet connection.
• ONLINE OCR. Recognize text (OCR) on scans in 193 languages (including Latin, Cyrillic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean alphabets) and choose from among 12 output formats including Word, Excel, PDF, preserving the original document formatting.
• BOOKSCAN TECH. When scanning books, BookScan will split the opposing pages into two separate images and correct any distortions and lighting defects. It will unbend any curved lines as if you pressed the book against the glass of a conventional scanner (Internet required, up to 100 pages per document).
• SIRI SHORTCUTS. To open scans with Siri create Siri shortcut in document properties.
• ANNOTATE SCANS. Discover a set of easy-to-use tools to modify your PDFs: add your signature or a text box, use highlighter, write with a pen, or conceal content with the redaction tool.
• 3D TOUCH & SPOTLIGHT SEARCH SUPPORT.
• PASSWORD ON PDF. Add a password for the image-only PDF files while exporting and sending via email.
• MULTIPAGE DOCS. Create, edit, and enhance separate images or large multi-page documents without any additional selection on the viewfinder (up to 100 pages per document).
• AUTO-CAPTURE AND FILTERS. Excellent visual quality with auto-capture of page boundaries and advanced image filters, which processes scans in color, greyscale or black-and-white versions.
• BUILT-IN FILE STORAGE. Save scans inside the app with tags and search capabilities.
• SHARE & EXPORT. Send results by e-mail, save in cloud storages - iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, Evernote and more, transfer docs to your Mac or PC using iTunes sharing.
• AIRPRINT. Print out scans directly from your iPhone or iPad.
The free version is ad-supported and allows you to save 5 pages.
Premium Account auto-renewable subscription allows using all functions of this app. Subscription length periods: 1 month with 7 days free trial, and 1 year. The subscription is automatically renewed at the end of the period unless you choose to cancel the subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication.
CORPORATE VOLUME LICENSING
If you are interested in volume licensing (from 100 licenses) for your company or any customization of the app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you like FineScanner? Please leave a review!
In this release we added even more simplicity and easiness:
+ New design of recognition settings. Updated navigation makes processing to OCR fast and comprehensible.
The most important in previous releases:
+ ABBYY Neural Network automatically finds images with text and documents on-device.
+ Fast on-device text extraction.
Do you like this update? We will be happy to get your feedback here on the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use
I am really happy with the scanner because a) I had a chance to try two pages to see if it worked and did the things I wanted before I paid, and b) I can eventually get documents into the Pages App that I use on my laptop. Thank you for making my life so much easier now as I have hundreds of pages of a type written diary to put into a digital format.
Developer Response ,
It is a pleasure to have such feedback from users. We will do our best to once again provide you with the best products possible! Thank you for being with us! Have a nice day,
- The best OCR software I’ve ever used, next to Microsoft’s OneNote.
- Highly accurate; very rarely do I have to proofread and make my own corrections, like fixing I’s mistaken for 1’s.
- The other best feature is the user friendly, and clean, UI. Very simple to navigate, ease of use, practical. No clutter or distracting menus/buttons.
- Workhorse; I haven’t imported or scanned a large number of pages, maybe 15 at most, but so far have not found it struggling to process these files.
- The ability to rename scanned files and choose a wide selection of importing/saving to different apps like Pages, DOX, RTF, TXT, e-mail, PDF, & more.
- No multitasking. I find it keeps crashing if I switch to another app, and so I have to start OCR recognition or scan the pages again.
New to this App - cropping frustration.
I am new to this app - still trying to solve its quirks !
It appears that there are a few.
On snapping my image, which was an A4 sized form filled in, I found the app cropped the page automatically each time.
Very frustrating trying to work out how to undo automatic cropping. Usually to crop or to edit is a feature you would select.
Eventually got it right, eventually. Whew !
- ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- 164.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019, ABBYY Production LLC. Scanner app.
- In-App Purchases
- Document Scanner App $3.99
- PDF Scanner App $9.99
- FineScanner Premium monthly $11.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.