Seconds is widely recognised as the best interval timer for HIIT & Tabata training for mobile devices. As well as being featured by Apple, it is recommended by celebrity and personal trainers to their clients all around the globe.
BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD:
Non-paying users may create as many timers as they wish, but once an interval timer is started it may not be used again. Upgrading to the full version removes this restriction.
INTERVAL TIMER FEATURES:
• Large, full screen, color coded display that is easy to read from a distance. The display works in either landscape or portrait.
• Templates for HIIT, Tabata and circuit training. A custom template to create every interval. And the compound editor where you can combine many interval timers into one.
• Speaks your interval names so that you can follow a workout without seeing the screen at all. Seconds can even provide prior warning of the upcoming interval. Other alerts including beeps and bells are available.
• Coordinate your music with your Tabata workout. Each interval can have its own music assigned allowing you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your HIIT workout.
• Seconds runs in the background allowing you to either have your display off, or use other apps while the HIIT timer is active.
• Export and import. Share the Tabata timers with friends or download them from the web and install them in Seconds.
• Stopwatch that works in landscape and portrait, highlights best and worst lap times and syncs with Apple Watch.
• A quick access countdown timer with 5 preset durations (only first 3 on Apple Watch). Upgraded users may configure their own preset durations. Countdown syncs with Apple Watch.
• Seconds can use Apple Health to: save workouts or mindful sessions, read body measurements and year of birth to calculate calorie expenditure in conjunction with a heart rate monitor.
Added option to share a device link - that can be used to launch Seconds from other apps - by swiping right on a timer in the list.
Fixed timer on external displays.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Easy to use and incredibly flexible customisable timer
A simple, easy to use and flexible custom timer that I use all the time. I love the text to speech to let me know what activity is coming up with a countdown timer of 3-2-1 as a lead in.
The voice over alert for half way is very useful too. However, I’d like to have the ability to set alerts at other custom times eg in an activity of 20 mins I’d like to have more alerts than just one at the 20 minute mark.
I also agree that there is not enough ‘ducking’ of the music that’s playing when a voiceover alert comes on, particularly when playing through my watch. Setting the audio level of both independently or allow setting of a custom ducking level would be welcome.
Developer Response ,
You may set the audio level of the alerts, music and ducking independently as long as you disable the system player and instead use the app's internal music player. The only issue with this is that the app's internal player cannot play music that contains Digital Rights Management such as that of Apple Music's subscription service.
If you are using Apple Music then there are no options available to me as the developer. The only volume control is the system volume which reduces both the music and the alerts, and any other sounds your device makes. And the ducking is an option provided by Apple and has no configuration.
Great, functional, helps me stay focused
Great App. Works as it should, and speaks over my gym music.
Pro version Would benefit from some preloaded workouts for the money.
Also it would be nice if workouts could be reordered more easily.
Last request would be for an option to load single set exercises into warm up and cool down so i could do 4 warm ups of 30 secs each.
Easy to use, good custom timer
I love this app it’s easy to use and has a text to speech option that lets me know what activity is coming up next and gives a 3-2-1 count in.
Only frustrating thing is that when you choose to have audio playing (ie music) the warnings are often drowned out by the music and you can’t adjust the two volumes independently.
Hoping the next iteration will allow Pro users to send workouts to other Pro users. Save my entire training team having to enter it in each separately.
- Runloop Ltd
- 50.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2019 Runloop Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Version $7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.