Provides a FLAT VIEW COMPASS and an AUGMENTED REALITY 3-D VIEW showing the local wind and weather conditions with animated wind vectors. Also has a searchable MAP VIEW allowing you to view up-to-date local and world weather station data.
As requested by many users, you can now set any location of your choosing via map search, and browse the map to see weather conditions anywhere around the world
- Aviators, Sailors, Surfers, Windsurfers, Kite Flyers, Cyclists, Fire Fighters, Weather Hobbyists and any other outdoor enthusiasts
- Compass view showing animated wind vectors for nearest weather stations with wind, temperature and humidity readings
- 3-D augmented reality view with animated wind vectors
- List of local observation stations (up to 10 nearest), from which any may be selected for individual wind viewing
- Map view of all local stations with weather arrows showing direction, speed and temperature
- Uses official Bureau of Meteorology data within Australia, and NOAA metar data (from airports) for rest of world
- The compass accuracy depends on having an undistorted magnetic field around your device. If you use it close to metallic objects or electrical equipment, directional accuracy may be impaired.
* Fix to ensure map lookups continue to work correctly
Ratings and Reviews
I use this app at least once a day to check current wind direction and speed. It is simple, well designed, stable and reliable. Forecasts are one thing but actual conditions now are what I want to know.
Could be improved by providing an option to view wind direction in degrees rather than just the current arrangement of describing direction in letters representing words, (N, SE, NW). Thus a Southerly (S), wind direction could alternatively be viewed as 180 degrees.
Fast and accurate
Really like this app. It is quick to get the latest info and the 3d view is actually quite useful even if you aren't directionally challenged. Possible improvements for perfection is to report minimum wind speed as well. The min value is quite important especially in low wind and very gusty conditions (there is no app that currently supports this anywhere including online but the data is available at least in Australia. A key for the windspeed indicators on the map would also be useful but these are both small tweaks. I have about 7 wind apps installed and I use this one all the time (several times a day if I am hopeful of getting out on the water).
Superb, unique app
The simplicity of this app is deceptive; this is one of the most impressive pieces of augmented-reality I've seen. To see the wind in visible, animated form in 3D overlay on the camera view is amazing - a kind of fusion of science fiction with the natural world. Remarkably, it's also practical. I've already found to be handy more than once in the few days since I installed it. Recommended.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.