Auditory math graphs
Designed for iPhone
SenseMath is making sense of math. The app was developed for VoiceOver users, but can be used by anyone. View assignments from your math book directly in the app, make your own sketch based on a function, and listen to and analyse the graph with the sound you like.
SenseMath makes a mathematical graph audible.
This app was developed with VoiceOver experts to make math more accessible.
During the development of the app, the latest techniques were used to make the app work as efficiently as possible with VoiceOver. This makes the app a great experience for VoiceOver users.
A function is entered with the unique keyboard and displayed visually and audibly. All mathematical elements, such as intersections and extrema, can be toggled on or off in sound and the playback speed can be changed. With SenseMath a mathematical graph can be analysed only by the use of sounds.
SenseMath is made for and by blind users. This app makes optimal use of all VoiceOver functionalities. Start and stop playback with the Magic tap. Sonification of math elements are easily turned on or off during playback with the VoiceOver rotor. The unique math keyboard works with VoiceOver touch typing. All mathematical functions can be read in both speech and braille, in a linear or mathematical way.
- Open all assignments from your math book directly in the app
- Enter mathematical functions using a unique mathematical keyboard
- Auditory and visual display of graphs
- Sonification of mathematical elements such as intersections, steps on the x axis, extrema and below the x axis
- Draw, save and edit a graph
- Extensive help functionality
Need help or want to give feedback?
We would love to hear from you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graphs of the most commonly used math methods and grade levels in the Netherlands are available as books in the app. There are plans to add international methods too in the near future.
- Automatically add a graph of your assignment in the app
- Add a book based on the ISBN number of the math book; with an unique link you can add a book to your app automatically
- A book can be shared with other users via a share button
- Find a graph by page number or scroll through the paragraphs of the book based on headers
Graphs and sounds
- In a chart it is now possible to automatically calculate the range (Zoom to fit)
- It is now possible to choose from three sounds for the audio graph; a sine, piano or synthesizer sound.
- It is now possible to switch the start and stop sound on and off when playing the graph
- It is now possible to play a sound when the graph intersects the y-axis
- Sound of the graph is more proportional to the audio volume of the device
- Improvements for entering certain mathematical expressions.
- Fixed an issue where a beep kept playing when listening to a graph
- Other music apps now keep playing when the SenseMath app is opened
- A crash has been fixed when navigating through the tutorial
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Koninklijke Visio, Landelijke Stichting Slechtzienden en Blinden
- 33.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Koninklijke Visio