** Winner of Apple Design Award 2017 **
** Apple iPad Game of the Year 2016 **
Take control of a one-armed warrior named Sasha, wielding a living sword on her journey through a nightmare world in search of her family.
----- ACCOLADES -----
• "Apple Design Award 2017", Apple
• "iPad Game of the Year 2016", Apple
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016", Destructoid
• "Best Mobile Game + Best Musical Score", Canadian Video Game Awards 2016
• "Battery Park Award for Best Handheld Game", 2017 New York Game Awards
• "Handheld Game of the Year -- Nominee", 20th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards
• "Mobile Game of the Year -- Nominee", 2017 SXSW Gaming Awards
• "Best Mobile Game -- Nominee", The Game Awards 2016
• "5 best mobile games of 2016", GameSpot
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016 -- Nominee", IGN
• "10 best video games of 2016", Mashable
"Severed is a super compelling game that looks great. Its mechanics go to surprising depths and the sword-swiping combat feels fantastic on iOS." 5/5 - 148Apps
"With great game mechanics, unique artwork and tough to master gameplay, Severed is well worthy of your time." 8/10 - Post Arcade
"Severed is just a game that's all-around cool. Its aesthetic is top-notch, its combat is deep and engaging." 5/5 - TouchArcade
----- KEY FEATURES -----
• Dungeon Combat: Master offensive and defensive touch combat techniques to survive intense battles against a menagerie of enemies.
• Severing: Best enemies in combat for a chance at severing their body parts -- then wear them to gain new powers or consume them to upgrade your equipment and abilities.
• Exploration: Follow branching routes through the unknown, using your wits to avoid hazards and solve puzzles.
• Award-Winning Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in the haunting original score from Juno- and Polaris-nominated band YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN, featuring Pantayo.
• Graphical optimizations for Metal-enabled devices
• Gameplay video recording with ReplayKit (requires Metal-enabled device running iOS 9+)
• Multiple difficulty modes
• Game Center Achievements
• Cloud Save
• iMessage Sticker Pack (requires iOS 10)
• 3D Touch support (3D Touch-enabled device required)
- Fix for an iPhone X touch detection issue
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It only takes about five minutes to realise just how strange Severed is. But to rescue your family, you’re going to have to dive right in, mastering the excellent swipe-based combat, travelling through a magical realm filled with danger, and—yeah—collecting some severed limbs. Like we said, it’s a little weird. But this Apple Design Award winner is also gorgeous, atmospheric and totally memorable.
I played this for the first time and got bored, thought it was a waste, I left it there for a few years then when I tried it again...well I just didn’t realise how much the depth, the story has, the new equipment you can gather, hundreds of secrets etc. Now It’s ages after that time I played it and I just played it again, completing it with almost all secrets and I still enjoyed it. This deserved that game of the year award.
I love it!
This game is a phenomenon that is my favorite iPad game ever. My favorite character is the two headed bird. Please ad more to severed, the only bad thing was you didn’t get to choose and of the choices, e.t.c. The bird asked for giblets, to burry the armor and weapon with your family or choose to stay in that world or leave. Overall thank you for this phenomenal game. I wish you add more to this game.
- DRINKBOX STUDIOS INC.
- 231.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- ©2016 Drinkbox Studios Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.