Shadows Remain is an augmented reality thriller from the creators of Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride. Follow one mother’s desperate journey as she attempts to rescue her only son from a dark and malevolent force in this twisted, story-driven adventure which is sure to leave the heart racing.
*THIS IS A DEMO APP FROM HALFBRICK STUDIOS. TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT POTENTIAL FUTURE UPDATES TO THIS GAME, PLEASE SIGN UP ON SHADOWSREMAIN.COM*
Boxes fill the hallway. A child’s toys lay scattered across the floor. Chinese takeout litters an otherwise empty benchtop. After an exhausting day of moving, journalist Emma Winters is awoken as the sound of a cell phone echoes throughout her new home. But something is not right.
Who turned on the TV? Is that… music? And what is that god-awful static? Most importantly, where is Alex? As Emma reaches for the television, she has no idea her life is about to change forever… and only you can piece together the story to uncover what happens next.
• Use augmented reality to solve mind-bending puzzles and deceptive optical illusions in a chilling tale spanning several decades.
• Inspect hidden objects and cryptic clues to unravel a disturbing mystery underpinned by jealousy and betrayal. Revisit the past in search of answers.
• Lose yourself in detailed 3D environments which blur the line between cinema, mobile entertainment and AAA gaming.
• Use your device to see behind objects, shift perspective, and reveal that which hides in plain sight. Nothing is as it seems.
WARNING: This game may potentially trigger seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy. Viewer discretion is advised.
View our terms of service at http://halfbrick.com/tos
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
The game no longer collect user data.
Ratings and Reviews
Really good horror and AR
I installed this half expecting a sloppy AR game with a poor attempt at horror but was greatly surprised. It is incredibly scary (to me, at least) and can get your heart pumping. The story is not perfect, but the horror makes up for it. In addition to this, the AR is quite impressive. Usually apps like this will have poor tracking of camera movement and bad models but it is extremely good and works well with minimal problems. It IS an AR game so it cannot work perfectly, but it is better than most AR games out there currently. Very good game.
Good game but buggy
Really excited to play this game. Actually the reason I went out and got a new iPad! Really impressed with its potential. The developers need to fix it though. I have to keep quitting and re-entering the app or re-anchoring the scene to recognise my taps. It also gets stuck frozen on objects and I can’t move on. Will persist but enjoying it so far.
This was the first horror game I’ve ever played. It was so good! (Although, after the first scene I had to play without the sound on, because I don’t want nightmares!) I finished it pretty quickly, and I wonder if there are any alternate endings (I’m going to google that straight after this review!). I wish the story was slightly better explained. But if there are alternate endings maybe i just got the wrong ending.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 305.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Halfbrick Studios 2011-2017
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.