Scans printed sheet music using the built-in camera and plays it for you.
Ever wondered how that interesting-looking piece of sheet music actually sounds? It's easy with Sheet Music Scanner. Just point your iPhone or iPad at the sheet and let it play the notes for you. You can choose the instrument, pick the speed and enjoy!
2 for 1 universal iOS app: iPhone / iPod touch and iPad - you get Sheet Music Scanner for all your iOS devices for the price of one.
• Scan the whole sheet instantly using your built-in camera
• Scan and playback from any image in your Photo library or from a PDF *
• Playback from anywhere in the song - simply tap the measure, the notes and symbols are highlighted as they're played
• Export as MIDI, MusicXML, audio (M4A / AAC, MP3, WAV), PDF to cloud storage *, directly to other apps or via AirDrop
* Note on Export / Import: All major cloud storages supported: iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, etc. Note that the appropriate cloud storage client app has to be installed for this to work.
• Reads and recognizes the following symbols of musical notation pertaining to melody, harmony, and rhythm: treble, bass, and alto (viola) clefs, notes, duration dots, rests, accidentals, note ties *
• Support for voices played in tandem, e.g. both piano hands at the same time, or all the choir voices
• Support for playing individual staffs separately, e.g. right or left piano hand
• Support for multiple pages
• Accommodates speeds between 50 and 330 beats per minute
* Some limitations apply - please see at the bottom of the page.
• Accordion, Acoustic Bass, Alto Sax, Bagpipes, Banjo, Bass Guitar, Celeste, Cello, Choir, Clarinet, Double Bass, Flute, French Horn, Guitar - Classical, Clean, Distortion, Glockenspiel, Harp, Mandolin, Marimba, Oboe, Organ (Percussive, Pipe, Reed, Rock, Tonewheel), Piano, Recorder, Tenor Sax, Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, Vibraphone, Viola, Violin, Xylophone
• Supports actual instrument pitch for the transposing instruments
• Supports pitch shift / sound transposition by semitones up to 2 octaves up or down
• Change your pitch standard based on instrument, from standard 440Hz to 380-480 Hz
MINIMUM RECOMMENDED DEVICES
iPhone 6, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2
• Reads printed sheet music, not handwritten or mimicking handwriting, tablatures, etc.
• Reads standard oval note heads only, no special symbols like shape notes.
• The following symbols are not currently supported: repeat signs, codas, triplets/tuplets, percussion notation, dynamics, double sharps, double flats, and grace notes. These are planned to come in the future updates.
• The app currently reads 3 clefs: treble, bass, and alto. Recognition of octave clefs and clef changes in the middle of one staff are on the roadmap.
• Use high-quality printed sheet music and take photos under good enough light, when scanning from your camera, for optimal results. For scanning from a file, the recommended resolution is 300 DPI or 8-12 MPx per page.
• Some older prints and unusual fonts may not be recognizable.
If you experience any problems, please contact support at email@example.com
- Improved flat and bass clef recognition.
- Fixed the navigation bar colors.
- Added Pizzicato Strings.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best $5 I’ve spent in my entire life!
Thank you so much to whoever developed this App - it works exactly as you advertise it to and it has brought so much joy to me in the past day since I purchased it! 💗💗Your App has inspired me to return to my love of learning to play the harp, many years after I had to stop lessons. Listening to songs I used to play (but can no longer) brought tears to my eyes. I can only imagine how helpful this will be to so many people learning their favourite instrument(s) too. Thank you for pretty much what I think is the best invention since the harp! 🎵❤️❤️
This does a fantastic job. However, during play back it does not recognise sharps, flats or accidentals -this is not a deal-breaker as most people would probably do some post editing in Sibelius, or similar. The other (minor) issue is that it does not recognise repeats of Codas etc, again, not a deal-breaker but it would be a good feature. My main reason for the 4-star rating is because you cannot select multiple files for download to Dropbox etc. I cannot see a way to automatically get files to upload to Dropbox and the files are not available in iTunes file sharing. If above items are addressed, this would make this app one of the best in this field.
Recognises notes from sheet music and plays very quickly after scanning. Overlays detected notes over actual scan. Highly recommended. Can also export in to many different formats including .mp3 and .xml
- David Zemsky
- 70.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © David Zemsky
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.