The new Sibley Birds app has arrived with comprehensive, up to date information of over 930 North American species. All the detailed artwork from David Sibley’s Guide to Birds Second Edition is included as well as thorough descriptions and distribution maps.
• A new easy to navigate menu system on iPhone.
• A new grid view with larger thumbnails.
• Display species names in English, French, Spanish and Latin (Scientific).
• Search on banding code to quickly find a species.
• Over 2700 calls/songs covering most species.
• Compare 2 species side by side.
• Apply a location (US State or Canadian Province) to narrow down the list of birds.
• When a location has been selected, a status icon will appear next to each species in that location indicating whether it is Common, Uncommon, Scarce, Rare or Vagrant.
• Detailed information in the species description including location status by month.
• A similar species feature which shows all related birds.
• A vastly improved Smart Search with refined search criteria: Status and by month (when a location is selected), Bird habits, Bird Type, Bird Size, Body Shape, Color and Pattern.
• Keep a personal list (My List) of species seen and backup to iCloud/other cloud service.
• Build a custom sharable (as csv) and searchable (in Smart Search) species list using the new My Tags feature.
• Sort My List taxonomically.
Fixed a bug affecting older iOS devices.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.