Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
• Improvements to keep the app running smoothly on iPhone 14
• Various fixes for groups
Ratings and Reviews
The best instant Messenger!! EVER!!!!
I’m just blown away by how awesome this app is! It comes with a few sticks and built in integration with Giphy!! I love Giphy! Can share GIF right from the app and not go to my web browser on a separate app to copy and paste a URL into the app! :) Plus the app is heavily secure for instant communication! Even recommended by Edward Josef Snowden! This level of heavy emphasis on security is welcomed largely. My only complaint is that the app could come with more stickers preloaded in the app or have a sticker store built right in to the app. All in all, I feel much secure using this app! Thank you all, the Developers, Donators & Everyone Who has contributed to this app! My best wishes to all of you! I’m optimistic for future, I want to see what else signal development team brings to the table. 😃😃😃
Solid, secure, and now a far more polished instant messenger
Signal has always been a reliable messenger, and is regularly updated with big fixes, performance improvements and tweaks. It’s most recent update has given it a massive yet subtle facelift that now has the look and feel of a modern app, a great improvement over the previously dated (although functional and consistent) interface.
3D Touch shortcuts scattered about, a wide range of attachment options, and rock solid security make for a complete feeling messenger.
Always been able to recommend this app to those that want secure messaging, and with its new look it fits more in on any iPhone than ever!
Good Service, but App needs more work
I use Signal quite often with my innermost circle and I’m very confident regarding its security model. Also, censorship circumvention as well as other features are that kind of stuff that makes internet more free, and better, for those who live under not so human friendly governments.
There is the same issue than with WhatsApp groups: you can’t decide whether or not you want to be added to a group. You’re just added without the app asking you. That is not just annoying, but also disruptive and invading, and even in the realm of privacy and security, even if Signal wouldn’t disclose your phone number (which I don’t know), being added randomly to groups you maybe don’t want to be in, can lead to social engineering. That is a star less, if not more.
Developer Response ,
iPad support has arrived. :) Update to version 3.0.1+ and you'll enjoy a brand-new interface that gives you more room without the artificial zoom. Alternatively, set up your favorite tablet as a linked device and it will work alongside Signal on your phone (similar to Signal Desktop) so you can send and receive messages with both hands or one keyboard stand. We also suggest enabling auto-updates: 1. From your iPhone home screen 2. Tap Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store. 3. Turn on Apps
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Signal Messenger, LLC
- 147.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kabyle, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Turkmen, Uighur, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Signal Foundation
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.