Simplex Spelling Light improves spelling and reading skills in a fun and interactive way using a unique “reverse phonics” approach in combination with contextually relevant spelling rules. It has the same critically acclaimed design and features as the full version of Simplex Spelling HD but comes with its own new high frequency word spelling lists.
This Light version has been made available, so that customers can evaluate the Simplex Spelling software to decide if they want to purchase the full version of Simplex Spelling HD.
Simplex Spelling Light contains over 50 new high frequency English words that do not appear in the full version of Simplex Spelling HD so the two products compliment each other beautifully. It also contains all of the great learning features of the full version of Simplex Spelling HD.
In contrast with many of the current approaches that use flash cards, Simplex Spelling enables the student to build each word. Students gain skills above and beyond the sheer memorization of words, as the informative spelling rule hint feature explains why words are spelled in a particular manner.
Simplex Spelling's unique, immediate letter by letter feedback system is designed with clues and hints that will enable every student to spell each word successfully.
Simplex Spelling enhances understanding in a variety of students as it appeals to audio, visual and tactile learners. It is great tool to have for kids learning to spell, remedial students, or those learning English as a second language.
- "Top Rated" - Balefire Labs.
Recommended for ages 5+.
Note: You can not create your own spelling lists in Simplex Spelling Light.
- Over 50 high frequency spelling words to help build literacy.
- Spelling words are spoken and used in a sentence to establish context.
- The introduction spelling list seamlessly leads a student through all of the application’s features by providing spoken information while having the student spell new words.
- A powerful phonics hint feature sounds out each word and provides a list of possible phonograms for each sound.
- Features a full “reverse phonics” approach that includes sounds made by all the different letter combinations. This is in addition to the basic “single letter” phonics that most applications are limited to.
- Contextually relevant spelling rule hints that help explain “how to spell” English words.
- Unique letter by letter feedback system that provides feedback while the student is in the process of spelling each word.
- Guaranteed success on every word.
- Support for 40 user accounts.
- User stats screen that allows you to see at a glance words that have been mastered and words that require further practice.
- Ability to export & email student reports.
- Remembers each user’s position in every list, so that you can immediately resume from where you last left off.
- Supports both upper and lower case letters.
- Supports both alphabetic and QWERTY keyboard layouts.
- Supports both US, UK and Canadian English spelling of words.
- An approach that appeals to audio, visual and tactile learners.
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the
"Know what's inside" best practices for kids' apps
We care about your child's privacy.
- Does not contain 3rd party ads.
- Does not share any data.
- Does not track your child's location.
- Does not contain In-App purchases.
- Does not contain links to social media.
- Does not contain push notifications.
- Contains in app links to view a safe enclosed version of the developer's website for additional information, support and teaching tips.
- Contains child protected links that allow you to : "email the developer questions", to rate the app and to view other Pyxwise apps.
Updated for iOS 13.1
Fixed screen layout issues on some newer iPhone models running iOS 13.1.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Graphemes misalignment with phonemes
Most of the features on this app are great. Unfortunately not all of the consonant digraphs match the 'sounding out' on the app. For example in the word "press" each letter is sounded out ie: p-r-e-s-s instead of each phoneme ie: p-r-e-ss. The other feature I would love to see, is the option of being able to include my own words. Would also like a sound option as the letters are chosen.
No volume - not useful
A good phonics based spelling app for all levels of learning. Particularly good for students with dyslexia, provided the sound can be heard.
This app is dependant on being able to have volume, and quiet class area.
If there is no volume, this app is not function-able.
This is an amazing app!! I am an educator for 5-7 year olds and simplex spelling free lite with reverse phonics is undoubtedly the best phonics app I incorporated into my teaching and learning program!!! The best part it that the students can hear the sound and look at the different graphemes they can choose from. Very impressive!!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.