The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, optimised to help you stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Communicate easily with the people in your life through free Skype-to-Skype video/audio calls, personalised messaging and low-rate calling to mobiles and landlines around the world.
• Message: send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons and Mojis, and react to messages and more.
• Groups: Free group video and audio calling for up to 50 participants, group chat with up to 300 people, plan or play with bots, add-ins, and personalized features
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
Note: Skype-to-Skype calls and messages are always free when used on an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection. Otherwise, operator data charges may apply.
iOS 10.0 or above.
• Privacy and Cookies policy: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507539
• Microsoft Services Agreement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
• EU Contract Summary: https://go.skype.com/eu.contract.summary
We’re listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here’s what’s new:
- Support for more languages in Translated Conversations i.e. Ukranian
- Support for Translated Conversations calls to mobile and landlines
- Bug fixes and improvements
Visit https://go.skype.com/whatsnew for more details.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s great, except for this one thing.
Skype for IPad is still great, connection is easy, audio is clear etc. it’s fine, but there’s just a simple thing I would like added — I would like if there was just a simple function to like, remove some abilities from people, that only ‘admins’ (set by the creator of the chat group) and the creator can remove. Like making so that one person is unable to go around changing the name and pfp. Or to stop them from being able to remove everyone, especially the owner. It’s super annoying, and whilst creating a new chat is easy I would just like to not go thru the extra hassle.
Other than that, don’t improve anything, PLEASE, just add this and I’ll give 5 stars. I would Love It if I could stop ppl from removing me from my own chat.
Unless this is already a thing? I don’t think it is, right? Haven’t been able to find a function for it, anyways.
what would I do without Skype!?
Skype is the best app that helps me reach out to my friends on iPad!! Here are some reasons why I love Skype, and I think you should, too!! Well first of all, I love how you can change the colour of the app. If I wanted, I could have a white background with peach, magenta, purple, two shades of blue and more!! And I also love Skype because you can do some really cool texting things such as the gifs, music, mini recordings, photos, emojis, and more!! Not to mention the really cool photo editor!! You can add all sorts of emojis, filters, and text to your photos!! I also love Skype because of the way you can add people by searching their email, and it’s child friendly with the “don’t appear in search suggestions” button. But honestly, what would I do without Skype!? This app is incredible, the best app ever made
Amazing app! But
I love this app, I get to talk to all of my friends through this tough times but.. I was calling this one friend I don’t call much ever and after 5 minutes the call failed so In the online chat (we were playing video games) she said “Eve what happend!?” I said “.. the call must of failed I’ll call you back” so I did but I couldn’t hear her she could hear me though so I decided to end the call and do it again like again I couldn’t hear my precious friend Maya so I got out of the app refreshed everything then I tried.. still it was silent so i restarted my iPad and then called her still no answer.. Its being half a year .
And once I joined Maya in a game she said “OH hey eve 😝” I said “hey bestie <3” I asked if she could call me and she called me but when she called I didn’t hear anything so again when ME tried calling I could hear her? Explain that one NILAS AHTI and JANUS
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 145.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2003 - 2022 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Skype Credit $7.99
- Skype Credit $14.99
- Skype Credit $38.99