Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone as they smile and cry when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!"
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web and annotate images with words, lines and more.
*Skype-to-Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Call landline and device numbers and send SMS messages anywhere in the world at affordable prices using Skype. Reach non-Skype users or contacts who are not online by choosing Skype Credit or Skype subscriptions.
Choose Skype Credit as a pay-as-you-go option to call and send SMS. If you call specific destinations, save even more with monthly subscriptions. Skype subscriptions are monthly calling plans that let you make unlimited or fixed-minute calls to landlines (and mobiles where applicable). Subscriptions begin at USD 2.99 a month for US and can vary by destination. To make an in-app purchase, open the app, go to the Call tab and tap on the Skype to Phone banner. Skype Credit and Subscriptions purchased from the Skype app will be charged to your iTunes account once the purchase has been confirmed.
Your account will be charged for Skype subscription renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your subscription will be renewed automatically unless auto-renewal has been turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period of subscription.
You can manage your subscription by going to your Apple ID account settings and choosing the auto-renewal option or turning it off any time after your purchase.
• Privacy and Cookies policy: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507539
• Microsoft Services Agreement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
We’re listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here’s what's new:
- Schedule a call for groups
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Visit https://go.skype.com/whatsnew for more details.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
From the new baby to the latest sales figures, Skype makes sharing our big news better. Anyone can start calling, texting and video-conferencing—or even dialing landlines—thanks to the intuitive design. With zillions of Skype users to connect to, it’s one of the most useful apps on our iPhone and Apple Watch.
Everything is all over the place.
To get to settings I had to by trail and error figure out that I had to go to chats (why chats I dont know ? but doesn’t appear anywhere else so I have to go back there to find it if I’m in another screen) then I had to click on my profile picture to find settings at the bottom of the page.
Calls has the word calls in the middle at the top. Contacts has the word contacts at the top but chats has my profile icon at the top. Shouldn’t it make more sense to have it on all screens?
1 drop down or pop up menu available from every page is infinitely more logical and the standard on almost every app and website
Why is calls and contacts 2 seperate pages duplicated as they essentially do the same thing.
With only a few tweaks you could simplify the app to 2 pages - chats, and calls/contacts with a drop down menu of all options available on both pages.
There is probably a reason why I’ve not used Skype in a decade. But then again I’ve never understood Microsoft products. 20 steps when 1 will do seems to be their motto
Take a look at Line app. The menu at the bottom is consistent across all pages so I can easily jump to where I want
Also I can’t find easily any way to check what a call will look like before I make it. Would be good if there was a simple 1 touch preview button to make sure the image is acceptable before I place a call
Been using Skype for decades...
Been using Skype for decades, it’s the mainstay of the net.
I use Skype credit to call friends who only have mobiles in the UK from Australia (if only these folk left Skype running on their phones it’d be free calls and I always forget to say turn Skype on and I’ll call you back, oh well!)
I recon it’s cheaper using Skype credit from Australia to a UK mobile than it is calling mobile to mobile across networks within the UK its self!
Verify your own mobile number into your Skype profile with your international prefix +61 or +44 etc then dropping the 0 from the start of your home or mobile number, after verification remember to tick send my caller ID then you mates will know it’s you calling or contact you back on your regular phone.
I still haven’t got over Microsoft buying up Skype but they seem to have now slowed down on anymore dumb changes, let’s keep it that way...
And while I’m in the mood for a rant ‘No more’ interfering Microsoft pop up suggestions within Skype would be nice, I open Skype to use Skype and nothing else, so stop being annoying Microsoft, we were here before you...
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 151.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2019 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Skype Credit $7.99
- Skype Credit $14.99
- Skype Credit $38.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.