PRO: The paid version plays stronger chess than the free version and it has no limitations such as app-credits and limited features. The Pro version offers more and better.
****** Please report any crash or question you have to firstname.lastname@example.org ******
SmallChess is a high quality and brilliantly presented chess playing app for iOS. It's suitable for everyone: from beginners to the world champion. You'll improve your chess with a very strong chess engine (ELO 3000+). An ultimate chess master in your pocket!
Improve your chess with our innovative guess-the-move. You'll partner with Magnus Carlsen and Bobby Fischer! You'll also meet Jose Raul Capablanca, Judit Polgar, Garry Kasparov and more!
You can share your chess games with Twitter, Facebook and SMS!
SmallChess is your best compatriot and trainer.
- Play against the computer or yourself
- Play against ELO rating from 500 to 3000!
- Play online chess with FICS
- Tablebase database
- Opening database
- Save and load PGN games. You can also import games from Safari and emails.
- Support PGN variations and annotations
- A massive chess database, played by some of the best chess players in history
- Annotated chess games
- Nine coaching styles, it's totally amazing!
- Save your favourite chess positions to iPhoto or our in-app chess album!
- Share your favourite chess positions with SMS, Email, Twitter and Facebook!
- 10+ visual themes and 30+ sound effects
- Use guess-the-move training to improve your chess. You'll partner with Magnus Carlsen and Bobby Fischer against some of the strongest chess grandmasters.
- Analyse your games with our world-class chess engine
- Chess cartoons, trivia, puzzles, quizzes, and more!
- Chess puzzles: Think Like A Grandmaster and Maths Genius.
- Beauty of Chess.
- Interactive chess experience.
If you ever have a problem with the app or you have a suggestion, please write an email to us. Alternatively, follow us on Facebook or Twitter. You can find our contact details on our website. We answer all enquiries promptly.
*--- Please leave a review if you like this app ---*
Small is Power. You'll be surprised.
Fixed fantasy chess pieces
Ratings and Reviews
Very professional “serious chess app”. My favorite on iOS thanks for your hard work...
Very good but could lacking handy features
This is a well designed app with plenty of advantages. It would be better if it worked with the iPad’s split screen features so that you could be reading a chess book and playing through the game at the same time. You can, however, overlay a Kindle window without actually using split screen, so that’s not too bad.
It’s PGN features are lacking compared to apps such as tChess Pro, which at the press of a button can load the next game from a PGN file following the present game, such as when you’re solving puzzles.
Unfortunately with SmallChess Pro you have to keep opening the Game menu, reselect and load the PGN file, scroll down to the next puzzle, which takes longer as you progress through a book, and then press Load to get the game up. Should be one press and it’s up.
SmallChess has all features and never crashed. I like training, I like the creative that you don't see elsewhere. Please purchase and support the highly motived app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.