Identify birds with your camera or your microphone! Just point to the bird and we'll ID it for you. Over 500 bird species from Australia and New Zealand are available, with plenty more from around the world.
With Smart Bird ID, you’ll:
• Identify birds by sound (song ID) or image (video or photo ID)
• Add your observations to your journal, and sync them across your devices
• Share your identified birds with others, and learn more about birds in your area
• Listen to bird songs, and learn more with photos and videos
• Improve your identification skills with fun quizzes
Why you’ll love Smart Bird ID:
• Beautiful design and simple to use, wether you’re a beginner or an advanced birder
• Easy-to-maintain lists help you keep track of the birds in your backyard or in the field
• Huge international community, with birders sharing observations every day
• Works offline so you can ID birds everywhere
• Built & designed by a birder that’s sweating the details to make the perfect birding app
Upgrade to Smart Bird ID Pro to:
• Unlock every feature in the app with no ads
• Never lose an identified bird with cloud backup (includes photos, video and audio)
• Sync your observations across your devices
• Create memorable bird lists like life, year and yard lists
• Create a birding profile and share your observations with the community
• Unlock international birds
If you purchase a Smart Bird ID Pro annual membership, payment will be charged to your iTunes account.
Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
Subscriptions may be managed by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Absolutely love it!
This is by far one of my favourite apps. Incredibly easy to use and love the features such as the maps section and quizzes. This is a great way to still feel connected to others with the same passion whilst identifying birds in our local area.
I’m having fun with the app, have used it at the primary school where I work to identify birds in the playground. It’s definitely works best with a clear photo. I have also tested it with photos I already had as well as some random internet images and it did well. The binoculars are great as i can zoom in closer than my phone would normally allow.
I’ve moved to a new place and this app is helping keep count of all the bird species we have visiting our yard. At 19 and counting!
It’s also a great reference with clear pictures.
- Yellow Cardinal Inc.
- 281.8 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Michael Eilers Smith
- In-App Purchases
- All-In-One $14.99
- Smart Bird ID Pro $29.99
- Songs, Photos & Videos $9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.