Bridging the gap between a therapy or personal training appointment and exercises at home, the SMARTherapist app enable clients to follow the advice of their therapist or trainer in between appointments.
With the SMARTherapist app, practitioners – from physios to speech therapists, osteos to myotherapists – can record patients doing exercises on their smartphones during the appointment, so patients can review and recall how the exercise should be done and monitor their progress from home.
Using SMARTherapist when doing the suggested exercises at home, patients can record the level of pain felt, number of repetitions, resistance and more. All this information is stored on the phone and can be sent directly to the therapist/trainer, who can monitor the progress, wellness and recovery of their clients and facilitate more productive therapy/training sessions.
The app also holds information on different injuries, conditions and exercises and has a search facility to find recommended therapists/trainers in your area.
The app allows therapists to add injuries and exercises that may not be present. These will then be edited and uploaded onto the app. This ensures that the app continues to grow in content and relevance for therapists and clients.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Great value for money
Sadly I recently tore my ACL, this app is fantastic in helping me keep on top of all the exercises my physio has set me for rehab and a big bonus that it only costs $2!
Very good start, but needs some work still
I'm also a recent ACL reconstruction patient. I bought this app to help track my rehab progress and it has some really useful and beat features. It is a great foundation for an app, and well worth $2. It will be AMAZING if some of the items mentioned are addressed in future updates :)
I have found navigating the app, adding exercises and logging exercises to be inflexible and it is letting the app down. For me to go to five stars, these things need attention:
1. You need to be able to delete accidental 'wellness' or 'exercise completed' logging.
2. Exercises that are added to a workout need to be able to be edited within the workout. Currently you have to remove, then add again with the changes you need to make.
3. There should be a 'help' menu detailing how different functions are used, as the operation of all features was not immediately obvious (to me at least)
4. The sliders provided for reps/sets/weight/time etc are frustratingly sensitive and would be better replaced with the iOS scrolling list things or by allowing keyboard entry instead.
5. If you change the number of reps or sets etc of an exercise in your workout, it doesn't seem to add to the summary when you click 'completed'. So only the pre-entered exercise can be logged, not the number of reps etc you actually managed on a given day. Your description says you can vary these numbers when logging to help your therapist track your progress but I can't get the app to do as you describe!
Keep up the great work, the app has tremendous potential and I'm still very glad I bought it, despot negatives mentioned above.
Great app, crashes on iPhone 6
Really good app but it's constantly crashing on my iPhone 6 even after force closing or a restart.
The developer, Elchlamy Pty Ltd, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Elchlamy Pty Ltd
- 10.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 Elchlamy
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.