Use your smartphone to earn money. Take on the role of a mystery shopper and get paid for carrying out fun and easy assignments.
How does it work?
1. Download the app: Download the free SmartSpotter app. No experience is needed to get started! Earning extra money has never been so fun and easy!
2. Become a Spotter: Request a SmartSpotter account and start Spotting as soon as you are accepted! We work with thousands of Spotters nationwide, which is why we currently could have a small waiting list. Register your account by entering your email address and postcode in the form at the top of this page. As soon as a position opens up in your area, you will be invited to start Spotting!
3. Choose your assignment: New assignments appear in the app on a daily basis. Look for fun assignments in your area and carry them out in return for a nice reward! For example, take photos of a certain window display, enter the product prices in-store or evaluate shop floor promotions. Earn money and SmartPoints without further obligations.
4. Submit the assignment: SmartSpotter will check if all your photos and answers are correct. If you complete the assignment correctly, it will be approved and your earned amount will be added to your account.
5. Get paid! Your reward will vary, depending on the assignment. You can choose to be paid automatically every time your account is over a certain balance or simply request payment when you feel like it.
Paid assignments for shoppers in Australia, Belgium, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Portugal, Slovenia, The Netherlands and the United Kingdom. The Spotter app is not available for people outside these countries.
Every update includes improvements that make SmartSpotter better than before. When important new updates become available, we will highlight those for you.
In this update: Various bugs fixed.
Do you love SmartSpotter? Rate us! Your feedback keeps us going. Do you have a technical question or feedback? Please drop an email to email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple to use and effective
I’ve tried heaps of different apps that claim to help your earn a bit of extra cash on the side with little effort. This one manages to do that. It is a really easy app to use - the internal interface is extremely user friendly very self explanatory and it doesn’t drain a lot of battery whilst using it. The tasks provided to do are not difficult and the use of examples within each “mission” is extremely helpful. The response rate from submitting a task is phenomenal.
I live in a rural area yet I have still had quite a few missions/spots and I have not been going out of my way to find spots - I just do them if I am already at that location and one happens to be available and I have been able to complete and earn a decent amount of money from it in the past 2 weeks since downloading I highly recommend this app
Good little earner
Hi, I like being a smart spotter. You can definitely make some money for jam if you keep active on the spots.
The only problem I can see is that more companies need to get on board with using smart spotter as a tool.
I live on the Gold Coast and unfortunately there’s not many companies asking for this type of work. Sometimes I get a run with bottle shops but for the last 6 months there hasn’t been much available up here.
It’s good that you’re allowed to explain to the shop assistant what your up to if they get suspicious because it is sometimes a little hard to look incognito, in small stores and they do ask. When that happens I have never had a problem with them letting me go ahead with the spot.
Funny aside, I’m sure the Liquorland guy thinks I’m an ex alcoholic, just coming in to dream about what I can’t have 🤣
Legitimate way to earn some extra dollars
Take some photos, answer some questions and you’ve earned yourself a few dollars, usually paid weekly. This app is legitimate, you’re not being cheated for anything. There’s lots of instructions and example photos as well to guide you. In my area there’s usually always assignments available.
I find some assignments are quite long (let’s say 16-18questions) compared to others that are 6-7 questions and pay the same amount, which can be frustrating. App can be very slightly buggy, saying no assignments near you but you just need to refresh and then they’ll all pop up!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SmartSpotter BV
- 56.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © (c) 2012 - 2022 SmartSpotter