Smiley Sight Words teaches high-frequency sight words to your child!
The 1,600+ sight words included with Smiley Sight Words comprises up to 85% of the text in a child's early reading materials. A child who can recognize just 8 of 10 words in a sentence can typically understand its meaning! "Sight words" often cannot be illustrated via simple pictures or sounded out according to regular phonetic decoding rules, thus they need to be learned and recognized "on sight". Smiley Sight Words is a handy way to keep track of and encourage a child's mastery of their sight words.
• Optimized for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
• Over 1,600 common sight words comprehensively compiled from Dolch, Fry, Pinnell-Fountas, UK, and many other high-frequency word lists.
• Beautifully recorded American-English pronunciations for all words
• Top 1000 - 40 levels sorted by frequency
• Dolch 300 - 7 levels (pre-primer, primer, grade 1-3, nouns 1-2)
• Dolch 300 - 11 levels sorted by frequency
• Fry 1000 - 10 levels sorted by frequency
• UK 1000 - 10 levels sorted by frequency
• AU Rainbow - 12 levels sorted by color-code.
• More Words - Upper and lower-case alphabet, numbers 0-100, colors, shapes, animals, months, days of week, family words, common nouns
• Words organized by number of letters
• 10 Customizable Flash Card sets
• 10 Shared Customizable Flash Card sets common to all 5 players
• Copy and Paste words from sets or emails
• Email export of word lists
• Show and Hide individual words
• Mark flash cards with smileys - try to earn 3 thumbs-up smileys for each word.
• Flash cards respond to swipes, shakes, and taps
• Customizable settings for up to 40 players
• Player names and photos can be customized
• Progress Report can be saved to Photo Library
• D'Nealian, Zaner-Bloser, Times, Helvetica, Marker Felt, Chalkboard, and Noteworthy fonts
• In-app Help documentation
Please contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• iOS 10 compatibility
• Various bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
As a mum and a teacher, this app ticks all the boxes. My kids enjoy playing with this and love that they can listen to the words which means they're not relying on someone else to check they've read it correctly. I really like that it's configurable to include your own word lists and that there are SO MANY words!
Don't bother with any others, this one's got it all.
Love this application
I love love love this app!! As a kindergarten teacher it is fantastic, and as a mummy it is fabulous!! Well worth the money...don't bother with other sight word apps this is the best I have seen. Great job!! Would be nice to be able to change the font.
Especially now it comes with AU color coded words, which save me time manually enter them in.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.