Solocator is a GPS camera for fieldwork. Overlay and stamp photos with GPS location, compass direction, altitude, date & time taken. Plus, with the Industry Pack (In-App Purchase) capture editable notes such as project name and photo description, street address and UTM/MGRS coordinate formats as well as customised exporting to Dropbox & Google Drive including KML, KMZ and CSV files. It can auto save two photos at once - stamped photo and original high res photo with back or front facing camera. You can also view photo direction and location in map view and navigate there. So now you will always know where and when a photo was taken and how to get back there.
TAILOR THE INFO YOU NEED TO CAPTURE
Select the information you want to overlay on your photos:
● GPS Location (Latitude & Longitude in various formats) ± Accuracy
● Compass direction – bearing
● Altitude (Metric & Imperial units)
● Local date & time based on your GPS location
● Local time zone
● UTC time
● Show compass
● Show cardinal direction in Building mode; e.g. North elevation of a building face.
● Option to use abbreviations or unicode characters for direction, position and altitude.
AUTOSAVE PHOTOS TO iCLOUD & OR CAMERA ROLL
Take and autosave two photos at once; one with stamped info and the other as an original high res photo.
WORKING WITH CAPTURED INFO
● Photos are sorted by time, location, distance from current location and by project name (if Industry Pack purchased).
● View photo direction and location in map view and navigate there
● Share photos individually or as a zip file.
● Email photos from within the app including:
● Exif metadata
- Compass direction
- GPS position ± accuracy
- Date & time taken
- Street address (Industry Pack)
- Elevation of building face viewed (if selected)
- Links to maps so receiver can navigate there easily
INDUSTRY PACK (In-App Purchase)
EDITABLE NOTES OVERLAY
Stamp your photos with "Project name", "Description" & “Watermark”. The Project name field could be used as job or ticket/policy number. Watermark field is typically used for company or user name. You can also go back and edit Project name, Description or Watermark fields later.
CUSTOM EXPORT FILENAME
Define your photo export filename by selecting from the following fields and what order to be used; Project Name, Description, Watermark, Date and Time.
BATCH EDIT NOTES OVERLAY FIELDS
Select multiple photos from library and edit Project Name, Description & Watermark fields in one go.
Selecting street mode overlays photos with street address. You can select at what distance interval to check and update street address when on the go.
AUTOSAVE PHOTOS TO CLOUD STORAGE
Autosave original and stamped photos to Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also save photos in date or project name subfolders - automatically.
CUSTOM EXPORT TO DROPBOX & GOOGLE DRIVE
Export multiple photos with captured project file names to shared team folders.
CUSTOM EXPORTING & EMAILING
Export or email multiple photos and photo info in KML, KMZ or CSV formats. Attach maps of photo locations along with your photos when exporting or emailing.
Select your combination of photos, maps and captured info in the file formats to suit your needs. Export/email photos individually or as a zip file.
TRACK PHOTOS IN MAP VIEW
View multiple photos by direction, distance between photos, area of photos taken and distance to your added markers via imported KML files or dropped pins.
REFINE AND LOCK GPS LOCATION
Ideal for those working in and around buildings; to improve your GPS location. You can also use it to lock the position of the asset or subject you’re photographing as opposed to where you’re standing.
SWITCH OFF CAPTURE MODES – GREATER FLEXIBILITY
Switch Compass, Building and Street modes off and just show GPS info bar on top of photos. Gives you more flexibility on what and how you overlay info and show more of the photo.
- Enhancements to camera zoom.
- Updated date & time format in email body to match format stamped on photos.
- Fixed date/time stamp when autosaving to camera roll using the standard app.
- Fixed crash when exporting KMZ files.
- Updated Dropbox SDK for customised exporting of photos/files.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Need little improvement
Can’t able to add full address because of 34 character limit. Freezes apps after certain photos. Need to increase at least 50 character limit.
Where did I take that photo? 🤔
You'll never have to ask that question again with this app. I brought Solocator and the Industry Pack back in August 2016 and it become a daily app for me. Recently contacted the developer with a technical query and received a phone call within 24 hours which resolved my issue. Top marks, A+
Keep up the good work developers 👌
The app is a great idea and works well, including getting pictures into Dropbox, but when using it inside a building gets completely confused as to which way the camera is pointing. The iPhone compass shows the correct direction, but the app doesn’t!!
- Civi Corp Pty Ltd
- 46.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 - 2020 Civi Corp Pty Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Industry Pack $7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.