Songbook simple is exactly that - a simple songbook for your iPad. Getting tired on carrying around books and paper and trying to find that song you're looking for?
Tired of trying to switch pages in the middle of a song? Use MIDI to control page position. Either with program change, note off, or control change messages.
Alternatively, use one-tap paging to scroll the content to pre-defined page boundaries that you can set yourself. Never fumble around to find your place in the song again.
* Playlists: Save set lists for easy recall when you get to your gig.
* Categories: Navigate your songbook by _type_ of song.
* MIDI Controllable! (Think footswitches)
* Forget Autoscroll that never scrolls at the right speed. One quick tap to scroll Pages
* Custom page breaks. Define where your pages should be cut.
* Displays your song documents (.txt files, more coming soon!) in an easy-to-read font.
* Text Size adjustable, can be remembered for each song.
* Transpose Chords on the fly using a very simple markup
* Email all your songs to people in a .zip file.
Free to try, includes a few songs for you to see how straightforward the app is. You can also copy-paste text into the app to add your own songs. While viewing a song you can then edit them from the toolbar.
The real power in this app is syncing it to your Dropbox account, where you can manage all your song documents on your PC and just sync with dropbox in one click.
- The App can now remember what your chord transpose settings were. Go into the App's Settings > Song Display Settings menu to enable this.
- Fixed a critical issue where Dropbox could crash the app, making it unusable.
Ratings and Reviews
Not a bad app, couple of suggestions
I can get it to sync quite well with Dropbox so that's a plus. Using notepad or a basic text editor to format the lyrics/chords is ok, but you need to strip out all the carriage returns otherwise you get quite lengthy pages.
The biggest plus for me - midi support. One of the few reasonably priced ones.
Suggestions. Change it to recognise the chord pro format where you can just type in [the chord] in the same lyric line and it recognises it and places it as appropriate. It is a pain to have to muck about with separate lines for chords.
Can you introduce colour formatting. Particularly for where you might want to highlight some lyrics such as harmony lines. Might be just a case of having some sort of *character* at the beginning and end of the words. Cheerd
Having lots of trouble getting songs into the app. When I update the files it says 48 but only about 10 are there.
Exactly what I was looking for, no gripes no paywalls etc. Stores my songs in text form, sorts them by name and artist, plus a few other neat little tricks. Don’t bother with the big name type apps full of micro-transactions and subscription bull💩, this is all you need. Simple songbook, it’s in the name. 14/1/18
- Stephen O'Connor
- 79.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013, Stephen O'Connor
- In-App Purchases
- Playlists $2.99
- Full Version $9.99
- Chord Transposer $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.