South Australian Radar Alert (SARA) is an application which detects speed cameras or radars (mobile cameras, static speed cameras and red light cameras) using information published daily by the South Australian Police Department.
This information covers the Adelaide region as well as country locations throughout South Australia.
1. If you just installed the app you will need to grant permissions (when requested) for SARA to access your current location.
2. Explore the settings page and set the following:
Alert Mobile Cameras (on/off) - SARA alerts you when approaching a mobile camera location. These locations are updated daily.
Alert Fixed Cameras (on/off) - SARA alerts you when approaching a static fixed camera location or red light camera location. These locations are updated daily.
Alert Repeat Count - The number of times SARA will sound an audible alert when a camera location has been detected within your alert zone.
Alert Zone - SARA will alert you when your current location is within the alert zone setting (in metres) of a camera location. We recommend using a 250 metre setting for general metropolitan travel and higher values when travelling on roads outside of the metropolitan area.
Alert Test - A sample test alert to introduce you to SARA.
Auto Centre Map (on/off) - Automatically centre your current location on the map.
3. The help section provides additional information regarding the symbols which appear on the map.
4. Touch any pin on the map to display detailed information for the selected camera location.
--- Features ---
- Daily location updates
- Detects fixed camera locations
- Detects mobile camera locations (full version)
- Adjustable alert zone
- Map follow me
- Voice alerts for detected locations
- Vibration alerts for detected locations
- Voice alerts for estimated speed (full version)
- Ad Free (full version)
- Background mode (from version 3.00)
Be careful on the road and good luck!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Worked ok for a few days now it crashes after a few seconds of opening. Disappointed that I can’t contact the developer to rectify this especially since it’s a paid app.
Developer Response ,
Hello Poo Bumb
There are a number of ways to contact the developer. The first is within the application where it states "Tap here to contact the developer" or alternatively via the App Store where it states Application Support. Concerns are generally addressed within 24 hours so it's disappointing you didn't attempt to make any contact and then claim that the developer cannot be contacted, which is clearly not the case.
The solution to your problem is very simple, simply set location services to 'always' via Settings, SA Radars, Location, Always. We are actively working on modifications to ensure this issue is resolved and an update will be released in due time.
Its disappointing you felt a need to write a negative 2 star review without giving the developer an opportunity to address your concerns.
My app also does not work. I have set locations to ‘always’ but it still fails to load radar sites
Developer Response ,
Please contact the developer. There are no reported issues with version 3.80
- Todd Sandery
- 38.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Todd Sandery
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Mobile Locations $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.