The Spectator Australia on iPad is a simple and elegant way to enjoy the oldest and best-written magazine in the English language. The Australian edition includes twelve pages of exclusive Aus content, as well as the whole of The Spectator magazine.
The Spectator's mission is to entertain, inform, delight and infuriate our readers. We have the nation's best columnists, as varied as Charles Moore, Matthew Parris, Rod Liddle, Toby Young, Taki and James Delingpole. All spiced with the nation's funniest cartoons.
Issues of The Spectator Australia can be purchased for just $10.99. Alternatively, never miss an issue by choosing one of our auto-renew subscriptions:
-$27.99 for a month's subscription
-$249.99 for an annual subscription
Auto-renew subscription notes: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period, at the same rate as your chosen subscription. You can manage your subscriptions via your iTunes account and disable auto-renew through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. The Spectator reserves the right to alter pricing at any point.
Already a subscriber? You can enter your subscription ID inside the app and access all the magazine issues on offer. Please note, you will need to upgrade to the latest version of The Spectator Australia app to ensure you receive the latest issues.
- You can now discover and read the Latest News straight from the Spectator Australia app
- Various design changes and bug fixes in order to make your overall experience more enjoyable
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great read! However, the text resizing feature is very annoying. It keeps on resetting to the very big or very small text size. It will be much better if the screen size would default to 12 pitch, and if another size is chosen it should not resize itself when pages are turned.
Always a pleasure
I can’t think of another magazine which covers such a broad spectrum of subjects across GB and Australia, with articles superior to other magazines in terms of journalistic ability, interest and creditable research. I look forward to the delivery into my iPad each week and have not been disappointed. Also listen to tbe Speccie podcasts to hear Fraser, James, Isabel, Katy and their guests for a daily, and sometimes more than daily, Brexit updates. Well done!
Has got better over the years
The text size sometimes used to change after turning a page, but thankfully that seems now to be fixed. The content is an ongoing pleasure, especially the occasional eccentric editing.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The Spectator (1828) Ltd
- 24.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © The Spectator (1828) Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 1 month $27.99
- 1 year $249.99
- 10 December 2016, The Spectator Australia Magazine $10.99
- 9 July 2016, The Spectator Australia Magazine $10.99
- 19 September 2015, The Spectator Australia Magazine $10.99
- 13 December 2014, The Spectator Australia Magazine $10.99
- 12 March 2016, The Spectator Australia Magazine $10.99
- 13 February 2016, The Spectator Australia Magazine $10.99
- 19 November 2016, The Spectator Australia Magazine $10.99
- 9 April 2016, The Spectator Australia Magazine $10.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.